[TUT] How to quickly burn an XviD file to DVD

Tutorials for Operating Systems, Applications etc can be posted here.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

[TUT] How to quickly burn an XviD file to DVD

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

Sometimes you just need to put an XviD/DivX/any other kind of AVI file onto a DVD, without any menus or other crap. If you happen to have Vista, you might consider using Windows DVD Maker, but it forces you to have a menu (which is pointless if you're burning just one thing), and it also takes a long time.

So what should you do? There's a program called VSO DivXToDVD. It was originally freeware, but newer versions are trialware. But, the freeware one does the job. It puts DivX (or XviD, or a few other formats) onto DVD.

Firstly: Download the freeware version of VSO DivXToDVD here. Note that the 0.5.2b version is the free version, the others aren't.

Install it, and open it:

The interface is pretty self-explanatory. Click the folder next to the Source File, and find your AVI. Then click the folder next to the Destination File, and find a folder that will temporarily hold the DVD image.

Then click Convert, and it converts your AVI file into a DVD image. Once it's done, burn the DVD files using Nero or your favourite burning app. You will find them in the folder you specified for the output folder, in a folder called VIDEO_TS. Note that for Nero you will need to specify that you are burning DVD-Video Files.

Now throw the DVD into your DVD player and start watching your ... erm, downloaded videos.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

expert01

Post by expert01 »

Newer versions are called ConvertXtoDVD. I use WinAVIVideoConvertor (both are easy to find).

TheWahbinator

Post by TheWahbinator »

Thanks for this, I keep using Nero Vision and having to wait 2 hours just for the video to encode before it burns

rws7

Post by rws7 »

thx for the free program.

RentedMule
Donator

blah

Post by RentedMule »

Used ConvertXtoDVD to get a divx to a DVD. There was a jitter every 3 seconds in the resulting film.

colo

Post by colo »

Yes , yes , yes Thx i tryed with this program and its fantastic thx!

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

Sorry for bumping this topic but i have a problem:
I have DVD disc in strange format - when i open it there is a folder called DVD_RTAV and inside there are 3 files: VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MOVIE.VRO and VR_MANGR.IFO. ConvertXtoDVD says that this is not supported or is not right audio-video file. What tool have i to use to burn normal DVD from this one?

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Have you tried ripping it with a program like DVD Decrypter? See if it still gives you the .VRO file, if you haven't tried already.
-Jeff

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

I have tryed it and it hadn't worked for me...
The only app that worked was Ulead DVD MovieFactory 3.5 Suite but after converting it with this i had no sound...

expert01

Post by expert01 »

FiFi wrote:Sorry for bumping this topic but i have a problem:
I have DVD disc in strange format - when i open it there is a folder called DVD_RTAV and inside there are 3 files: VR_MANGR.BUP, VR_MOVIE.VRO and VR_MANGR.IFO. ConvertXtoDVD says that this is not supported or is not right audio-video file. What tool have i to use to burn normal DVD from this one?
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/ ... 10406.html

LordSTITH

Post by LordSTITH »

Anyone know how to get real media videos onto dvd?