Windows 95 - Party Line/Rumor

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
linuxlove
Donator

Windows 95 - Party Line/Rumor

Post by linuxlove »

What is this and has anyone ever gotten it to work?
Goodbye.

Phenom II

Re: Windows 95 - Party Line/Rumor

Post by Phenom II »

"The people who know, won't say, and the people who say, don't know."

WinPC

Post by WinPC »

Party Line/Rumor was a small application included with "Chicago" (later known as Windows 95) until after Build 347 was released, when it was dropped in one of the following builds, in which a game was played on a network that allowed users to send short chat messages to each other, provided that they themselves also had the game installed on their own systems.

That being said, one of the reasons behind this game was to jokingly start rumors, though it was also to be used to send other short chat messages for other reasons and purposes.

pizzaboy192

Post by pizzaboy192 »

It was to my knowledge still in Windows XP, but under a different name with a similar purpose. I was able to get it to work in such a way between a few XP machines that my family and I could communicated short messages between each other. I don't remember what it was called though, because i've rid myself of anything xp based and I don't have time to dig through 7 to see if it's still there.

jimmsta
Donator

Post by jimmsta »

winpopup
16 years of BA experience; I refurbish old electronics, and archive diskettes with a KryoFlux. My posting history is 16 years of educated speculation and autism.

anthonyboone

Post by anthonyboone »

jimmsta wrote:winpopup
bingo. i remember the fun we had in school

ccrogers15

Post by ccrogers15 »

did winpopup get removed in windows xp service pack 3? it was in service pack 2 and i used it, Then when i installed service pack 3, i cant find it!
Im a pc and windows 7 was not my idea.