Dax Shell For ReactOS

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
Archive Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
betaluva
Donator

Dax Shell For ReactOS

Post by betaluva »

Finally,ReactOS can have a nice looking gui using Dax Shell, go here for more info: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 141#p76141

Never Fear,Captain Sweatpants is Here!
*http://osbetaworld.b1.jcink.com/*

Marcello
Donator

Re: Dax Shell For ReactOS

Post by Marcello »

Nice? I think not.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

well what about:

jamieostrich
Donator

Post by jamieostrich »

hmmm no thanks!
Even Windows 95 looks better, those rounded icons on the power buttons and on the taskbar look horrid.
ReactOS itself is in my opinion a lost cause...
how many years has it been going?
and how useful actually is it?
Even windows 95 is less buggy and more stable and runs better!
Well thats my opinion

Derf
Donator

Post by Derf »

Both of those are hideous.

Marcello
Donator

Post by Marcello »

Agreed with derf.
Personally I prefer how ReactOS looks now, too bad its so damn buggy

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

surely it is a improvement on the "default" ReactOS explorer? as for ReactOS being a lost cause,sorry,but your wrong, considering how few developers there is working at one time on ReactOS the guys have done surprisinly well.
Last edited by betaluva on Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rioter
Donator

Post by Rioter »

The default looks better imo.

Some may like it, some may not. Your choice.

hb860
Donator

Post by hb860 »

It looks terrible for me.
I prefer "classic" shell.
:(

leonbollerup
Donator

Post by leonbollerup »

ReactOS _is_ a lost case, and there is no real life usage of it, other than a pet project.. a ugly pet that is.. sorry to say so... why make it look like winxp ?.. a 10 year old OS that is (atleast supose to) be eradicated by now..

My take: close the project down, and spend your time on something more usefull...

digidude2008

Post by digidude2008 »

it may not not look that at the moment but give it time and it will be improved and my that im mean both the dax shell and reactos it self sure there alot of bugs but that due to take over from when the old coordinater left and the new one came in alot was wrong back then and didnt function properly and with everything has slowly been rewritten and bug have been exposed due to the old way it was written and its all being corrected bit by bit problem is everything works like a clock one piece helping to turn the other and that little team has to be so care full when committing changes other wise it would all fall apart that why there so many hack in there holding it all together make it work while unfinished parts get finished so hack can be removed and function properly and if the functionality was there the system would be more stable and less buggy if im wrong correct me please

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

digidude2008 wrote:it may not not look that at the moment but give it time and it will be improved and my that im mean both the dax shell and reactos it self sure there alot of bugs but that due to take over from when the old coordinater left and the new one came in alot was wrong back then and didnt function properly and with everything has slowly been rewritten and bug have been exposed due to the old way it was written and its all being corrected bit by bit problem is everything works like a clock one piece helping to turn the other and that little team has to be so care full when committing changes other wise it would all fall apart that why there so many hack in there holding it all together make it work while unfinished parts get finished so hack can be removed and function properly and if the functionality was there the system would be more stable and less buggy if im wrong correct me please
Offtopic Comment
Correct you? Huh. I can't. I can't even read it!

leonbollerup
Donator

Post by leonbollerup »

hmm.. i just dont see a future, need and purpose of that os anymore... sorry

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

ReactOS is a lost cause, precisely because it has so few active contributers, not in spite of the fact. They move forward one step, and MS have moved another ten in the same time. By the time they'd even be approaching true 2k3 compatibility, NT would probably be replaced.

digidude2008

Post by digidude2008 »

Pwned wrote:
digidude2008 wrote:it may not not look that at the moment but give it time and it will be improved and my that im mean both the dax shell and reactos it self sure there alot of bugs but that due to take over from when the old coordinater left and the new one came in alot was wrong back then and didnt function properly and with everything has slowly been rewritten and bug have been exposed due to the old way it was written and its all being corrected bit by bit problem is everything works like a clock one piece helping to turn the other and that little team has to be so care full when committing changes other wise it would all fall apart that why there so many hack in there holding it all together make it work while unfinished parts get finished so hack can be removed and function properly and if the functionality was there the system would be more stable and less buggy if im wrong correct me please
Offtopic Comment
Correct you? Huh. I can't. I can't even read it!
Offtopic Comment
Sorry about that i will try to proof read in future
i will try again so you can under stand me better

the reactos shell known as "dax" seen above in the screen shots may look unpleasant to most people at the moment but as time passes im sure an improvement will be made.
the reason it looks so bad in my opinion is most likely due to the fact that it is under developed

reactos it self may have a lot of bugs but that is because the operating system is under going major rewrite's in most area's and this is where the bugs pop up

i really do believe in this old os
Offtopic Comment
sorry for those of you couldnt understand me i was going off on childish rant

Pwned
Donator

Post by Pwned »

Yes, I even see the PNG transparency is broken. They took Wine to run Win32 apps, they make a shell on Wine. It's not that easy (however it will not wipe Windows ).

BogdanV

Post by BogdanV »

Kernel-level compatability is aimed at 5.1, while win32 compatibility is aimed at <current_nt_version_name>.
At least that's what I remember reading on their site.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

the new version of Dax Explorer has been released so i tried it on ReactOS 0.3.12: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qib1LZI5ebI