BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 4d, 4h, 20m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 4537MB of 10481MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:25 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Many users are unsatisfied with Windows Live Movie Maker which remove many features like time-line. Unfortunately, Windows 7 does not ship with Windows Movie Maker. I have, however, compile Windows Movie Maker from Windows Vista. (Include both 64-bit and 32-bit version)

This include an installer.

Download:

Mirror 1: http://www.sendspace.com/file/h9q0p4
Mirror 2: http://depositfiles.com/files/zp2tjednd
Mirror 3: http://www.mediafire.com/?gtjgnjtoxyy

I need a feedback on whether the installer works correctly.

Last edited by Day2Die on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:04 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Longhorn 4074
alright thanks :D
ill try it out tomorow

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Can you make one for Windows 2000 and for Windows FLP?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:31 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
hurricanegeek921 wrote:

Sorry, this one only works on NT 6.0 or above including Windows Server 2008 and Server 2008 R2.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:04 am 
Donator

Thanks, the vista version is way better than the live one and now I can use it on windows 7.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 6.2
win98 wrote:
Thanks, the vista version is way better than the live one and now I can use it on windows 7.

I agree. Windows Live Movie Maker just doesn't cut it for me. I was using Movie Maker 2.6, but that didn't work with some video codecs I use, so I switched to using Movie Maker 6 on Windows 7, which works great.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:57 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
you should submit this to http://www.askvg.com/ so many people can benefit from this :D

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:52 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Maemo 5 PR1.3
I like the WLMM effects, but the new timeline just looks [censored] up. I mean, have you ever seen a timeline like that?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:04 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
PortalCake wrote:
I like the WLMM effects, but the new timeline just looks [censored] up. I mean, have you ever seen a timeline like that?

thats the clip timeline you can switch to a full timeline view

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:47 pm 
Donator

Thanks so much for this, works like a charme :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:00 am 
Donator

Finally I can ditch WLMM! Thanks very much for this! Why Microsoft removed WMM and left Windows DVD Maker in 7, i'll never understand.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
hurricanegeek921 wrote:

It should be possible to port Movie Maker 1.1 from XP to windows 2000. There was builds of Movie Maker 1.1 included with Whistler betas when Whistler wasnt too much different from 2000. It may also be possible to port version 2.0, the last version before SP2 for XP came out. Upgrading 2000 to WMP 9 and then transferring the files over would be the best way to test it since it may rely on the newer WMP codecs.

For FLP it should be possible to transfer the latest XP version to FLP since it is essentially XP. I imagine just transferring the folder and registering the DLL files will work.

EDIT: It looks like Movie Maker 1.1 works on Windows 2000. Also, I have come across an installer for Movie Maker 2.0 for XP dated early 2003. This is the last release before 2.1 came out with SP2 in 2004.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:47 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 5.0 Beta 2
Well, you can get Movie Maker 2.6 on Windows 7 too.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:42 pm 
This is the standard version right? I asked a friend to send me his Movie Maker folder from a Vista Ultimate x64 installation, which should be HD, and the version number is 6.0.6002.18005
But I still can't seem to publish HD movies...

PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:45 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 8.1 (9600)
thanks for this! Windows Live Movie Maker hasn't the level of Windows Movie Maker.
I'm downloading it and I try it! (How do you do to port WMM from vista to 7 ?)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:28 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
How are you meant to uninstall this?
It doesn't show up in uninstall a program in the control panel and there is no uninstaller in the program files??
Just wondering in the long term, great programme though
Anyone know please can you say
thanks
andoake :D :D :D :D :) :) :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
codelyokofan wrote:
thanks for this! Windows Live Movie Maker hasn't the level of Windows Movie Maker.
I'm downloading it and I try it! (How do you do to port WMM from vista to 7 ?)

Its pretty simple to run the Vista version on Windows 7, since they are both the same OS under the hood (NT 6.x).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:44 am 

Favourite OS
Windows 7
anyone know how to uninstall this????

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:59 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
andoake wrote:
anyone know how to uninstall this????
Maybe you can delete the folder that it was installed in. :mrgreen:
Anyway, nice port Day2Die. I give it a :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: out of :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:26 am 
Donator

sorry for the HUGE bump... :$

I have a feedback on the translated versions of this, you simply download an appropriate Vista language pack, extract it and find the MUI files for Movie Maker and add them to the installation folder... ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows Movie Maker for Windows 7 with installer (Vista)        Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Huh, interestin. I never thought of taking WMM off of my Vista computer. But one thing WMM doesn't have, you can change the text to be like a logo in WLMM.

Last edited by No one on Zzz Dec 99, 3099 459:43 am, edited 0.1 times in total.

Top  Profile