LH Server Beta 3 to ship in March

New news and release discussion.
Andrew
Donator

LH Server Beta 3 to ship in March

Post by Andrew »

Longhorn Server Beta 3 will ship in early March according to industry sources. The exciting thing is that it will be a CTP, publically available!

Longhorn Server will focus on Virtulization, especially on x64 bit hardware. LH Server will also be closely integrated with Office and Windows Vista. There will also be a vast improvement in Terminal Services.

If you haven't signed up to be notified of the release, you can do it here.
Source

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

sweet, look forward to it. wonder if it will get more downloads than Vista beta 2 did

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Sweet, especially the bit about virtualization. I heard they're going to integrate it in the way Xen does. My dual-core VT box is waiting!

LambieUK

Post by LambieUK »

Looking forward to this

Vista Ultimate R2

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Not really on-topic, but this is the closest thing we have to an LH Server topic, and I thought I'd mention this in case any of you don't know about it (I only just saw it, but I guess it might be common knowledge here): if you need a Product Key for Longhorn Server, put TE06-KVM4-3RM9 in the invites box on Connect, and you will get one You don't get a download of LH Server, so you will need to have got that from somewhere else, but apparently this Key works (I don't have LH Server so can't test it though).

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Thanks for that tip!

Rhade™

Post by Rhade™ »

I also read this news, and i registered myself to Technet / Microsoft - I hope I can test it. I think its the better Vista
Somebody know if Microsoft will be releasing an x86 Version of LH PB 3 ? alternative to the x64 ?¿?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Of course there will be an x86 version. All LH Server betas they have released so far are available for x86, x64 and IA64. AFAIK, the next server OS will be x64 (and IA64?) only.
Last edited by empireum on Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

playero00

Post by playero00 »

Thanks

psiren

Post by psiren »

I've just re-read one of the reviews that were linked from MS's site on windowsitpro.com - here. He goes on to say
Microsoft's upcoming server products will be x64-only, though the initial Longhorn version will also ship in 32-bit versions
Killing off the 32-bit versions? Surely not! Or at least, in the distant future (hopefully!)

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

psiren wrote:I've just re-read one of the reviews that were linked from MS's site on windowsitpro.com - here. He goes on to say
Microsoft's upcoming server products will be x64-only, though the initial Longhorn version will also ship in 32-bit versions
Killing off the 32-bit versions? Surely not! Or at least, in the distant future (hopefully!)
Well, could be. Exchange Server 2007 is x64 only, some features like Windows Virtualization are x64-only as well.