BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 101d, 9h, 27m | CPU: 38% | MEM: 6409MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:32 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Oh I'm so mad right now. The silly EULA is once more, forcing me to do things a certain way. The admin of my MSDN account, is telling me, that I am legally unauthorized to use Windows 7 RTM from MSDN, because I dont use it exclusively for development. The EULA is the upmost, dumbest, legal agreement to ever exist. I wish I lived in the European Union, where I can just say: "I dont need to follow that, so shut up". But I live in the US. so I'm forced to follow it. I am seriously tired of all this legal crap. (eg. COPPA, EULA). Who else is sick of the EULA? I'm tired of the way the EULA forbids me from this. or that. Honestly. Who hates it?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:40 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I've always hated them, which is why I never read them and almost certainly break them. Hell, I probably break it thousands of times over running BA... lol. So yes, much hated here...

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:44 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
The MSDN EULA aggrivates me the most. To use OSes from that, I have to have a machine that is ONLY for development

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:52 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
I can bet 99% of people who use MS products break the EULA. I wouldn't worry about it to be honest, living in the US or not.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:01 pm 
Donator

James wrote:
The MSDN EULA aggrivates me the most. To use OSes from that, I have to have a machine that is ONLY for development

Virtual Machine...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
my admin (evoldraobrehtom) is nagging me about terminating service if I violate the EULA

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS Classic
just BS him and say it's for development. I've never even read the EULA. Never will.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm 
FTP Access

Truecrypt your real partition and install a decoy OS with Visual Studio 2008 and some other dev software.

However the extra license/key required might be an issue... that is if you make it one :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:37 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Windows 7 RTM on MSDN where?

Are you sure hes not talking about the other dev software like Visual Studio 2k10 and Win7 BETA/RC?

BTW how does he know you dont use it for dev, just lie to him

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
ricktendo64 wrote:
Windows 7 RTM on MSDN where?

Are you sure hes not talking about the other dev software like Visual Studio 2k10 and Win7 BETA/RC?

BTW how does he know you dont use it for dev, just lie to him

Note that the administrator of a MSDN volume subscription can see how many keys have been claimed.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:27 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
The person above me is the guy who manages my MSDN (he can revoke :()

anyway, Windows 7 RTM is hitting MSDN on July 24th or 27th. heheh...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:38 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
James wrote:
The person above me is the guy who manages my MSDN (he can revoke :()

anyway, Windows 7 RTM is hitting MSDN on July 24th or 27th. heheh...

even if the ELUA says you cant use it .. there isnt really much MS or anyone else can do .. they cant prove you are not developing something

if you really are pissed off id look at buying your own MSDN account , free from other admins

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
OH!!! now I understand, its not your account you work for somebody who has a MSDN account and he wont give you Windows 7 for your PC...no wonder

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:57 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
It's MY account, I'm just one of his accounts that he admins. (he also pays for the subscription, but my account is independant)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:07 am 
Donator

This is terribly confusing, I don't understand your situation at all.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7
Is you admin a Microsoft employee?

Or is he merely a average Joe interpreting the EULA from MSDN and denying you use of a Windows 7 RTM serial?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:29 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Ah forget it. He revoked my MSDN.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:01 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
James wrote:
Ah forget it. He revoked my MSDN.

Did you pay for the account ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:12 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
oh btw, this topic can now be closed, thanks.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:51 am 
Donator

Was this another story made up or what because I lost track of it pretty damn quickly

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: I need to vent off a little steam - My Ranting        Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:46 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Locked by request.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]