BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 51d, 4h, 5m | CPU: 26% | MEM: 5345MB of 10506MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:04 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows
Microsoft has launched the "Office 2010 Real Life Stories program" on Microsoft Connect. The program is looking for home users, small businesses, and college students that use 5 PCs or fewer on a daily basis and are willing to test Office 2010 extensively. The Web versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel that come with Office 2010 will also be available for testing. For your chance to participate, you'll need to fill out a 13-question nomination survey. Although the program doesn't specify that it is US-only, it asks for a "State" in the survey, suggesting that it probably is. Deadline for submissions is June 30.

This isn't your typical Microsoft beta program; you'll be expected to commit a minimum of six months, use the Microsoft-provided "loaner" laptop for your daily business or personal tasks, participate in training, surveys, and calls, as well as agree to share your experience through marketing and public relations efforts. The last point is the important one: Microsoft says that can mean everything from being featured in case studies and videos to acting as a press reference or even just letting Microsoft use your testimonials about the software. Redmond will be using testers' experiences to figure out how consumers use Microsoft Office and how it impacts their daily routine.

In return for participating you'll receive the following:

•Microsoft Office 2010 pre-installed on a "loaner" laptop PC
•24-hour unlimited e-mail support Monday through Friday, with phone support for escalations
•Monthly webcast training and Q&A sessions
•Community site access, so you can connect with other participants and easily use resources like feature videos and announcements
•Free copy of Microsoft Office 2010 (once it is available)
Whether that makes it worth it or not is up to you. If it's not, don't worry: the Office 2010 Technical Preview is set to begin next month anyway, so you'll be able to test an official build soon enough if you're in the "normal" beta program. For those that don't get into that beta, there's always the public beta build that is set to arrive this summer.

Microsoft confirmed in April that Office 2010 will be the first release of Microsoft Office to ship in both 32-bit and 64-bit flavors, possibly on one DVD. Screenshots of the alpha version of Office 2010 (then codenamed Office 14) leaked in January and a Technical Preview build leaked in May.

Source:https://connect.microsoft.com/OfficeCustomerStories

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:08 am 
FTP Access

from the FAQ at the bottom of the page
"Q: Is this open to people outside the U.S.?
A: No, this is a U.S.-based program right now. It may be rolled out to other markets at a later time."

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:29 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
What a shame about us, non-US customers :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:44 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
I already signed up.... I didnt post it because I wanted a a bigger chance :evil:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:08 pm 
Donator

I would sign up but theres no way I am using their laptop for 6 months or more...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
zamadatix wrote:
I would sign up but theres no way I am using their laptop for 6 months or more...

Just do this:

knock the hard drive out
put it into a computer with read-only turned on.
Image it for backup

Steal Microsoft's VLK License (Not that it starts with 'D')
Jking about that one

Run sysprep -generalize
Run imagex-capture and with all the /whatever stuff you like
and then..........
Smash it into the Vista ISO and you have an install disc

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:53 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
Anyone else get this error?

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Try the survey again, looks like someone was editing it as you were completing it

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 pm 
FTP Access

I just filled it out!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:35 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
ct2k7 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

Try the survey again, looks like someone was editing it as you were completing it

I think that was me lol :evil:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:46 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Real Life
motherboardlove wrote:
ct2k7 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

They changed it from having you type in your state, to selecting it from a combo box =)

Top  Profile  WWW  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:58 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
pizzaboy192 wrote:
motherboardlove wrote:
ct2k7 wrote:
pizzaboy192 wrote:

They changed it from having you type in your state, to selecting it from a combo box =)

Oh I thought you meant that only 1 person could fill out at once ^^

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:13 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
A free copy of Office 2010 for free after Microsoft spy on me for 6 months, no thanks. It takes only 30 mins to download it off peer-2-peer.

If Microsoft let me keep the laptop, then maybe I would reconsider.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:56 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Server 2012 Dtc
Day2Die wrote:
A free copy of Office 2010 for free after Microsoft spy on me for 6 months, no thanks. It takes only 30 mins to download it off peer-2-peer.

If Microsoft let me keep the laptop, then maybe I would reconsider.

How is it spying on you? *accidentally* block all the ports on your router's firewall :evil:

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:42 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Maemo 5 PR1.3
motherboardlove wrote:
zamadatix wrote:

Just do this:

knock the hard drive out
put it into a computer with read-only turned on.
Image it for backup

Steal Microsoft's VLK License (Not that it starts with 'D')
Jking about that one

Run sysprep -generalize
Run imagex-capture and with all the /whatever stuff you like
and then..........
Smash it into the Vista ISO and you have an install disc

Oh yess.... But maybe they used Windows 7 and the only key you get is the public ones?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Get Office 2010 for free after testing it extensively        Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:53 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
Go to an iternet cafee

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]