BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 52d, 4h, 40m | CPU: 33% | MEM: 6114MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win XP build 2419 | Win7 and up
Hi, i want to customize windows FLP, but how can i mount the WIM file of FLP.
I know that i need an special version of ImageX but dont what version.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:57 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Server 2012 R2
Whistler_fan wrote:

6.0.4059, from the Longhorn days.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Whistler_fan wrote:

Thanks! :), now how can i get that version?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:25 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
SVR 2012R2/Win10
I made a backup of a site that I know had the proper tools. The site is now down, so I'm providing a mirror of the guts of the site here: http://www.bootzilla.org/downloads/lhbackup.zip

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:27 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
jimmsta wrote:
I made a backup of a site that I know had the proper tools. The site is now down, so I'm providing a mirror of the guts of the site here: http://www.bootzilla.org/downloads/lhbackup.zip

I've looked in the rar file but couldn't find the specific longhorn/imagex build and the version of LH build 4053 doesnt work.
I need the version of 4059.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:32 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10
Its on my Area 13 server ;)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:19 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
hounsell wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

6.0.4059, from the Longhorn days.

Daniel wrote:
Its on my Area 13 server ;)

Thanks thank and another thanks ! :mrgreen:
I've successfully unpacked/repacked the wim and creating an modding batch program for flp it will be just for the unpacking/repacking part and mounting flp registry so you can tweak things in FLP. Again Thanks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:38 pm 
FTP Access

What are you going to do with it?

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
dirtwarrior wrote:

I'm going to tweak FLP and maybe convert/modify it to a fully Whistler/longhorn themed os.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:31 pm 
FTP Access

Whistler_fan wrote:
dirtwarrior wrote:

I'm going to tweak FLP and maybe convert/modify it to a fully Whistler/longhorn themed os.

Sounds nice. Are you going to make it unattended? Reduce some of the extra clutter in the OS would be nice too.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
dirtwarrior wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:
dirtwarrior wrote:

Sounds nice. Are you going to make it unattended? Reduce some of the extra clutter in the OS would be nice too.

To make WinFLP unattended, you can do this with this tool
http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=54A5F01B-9D0C-460C-A132-4BFAFFB97973&displaylang=en

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:13 pm 
FTP Access

I have used this but it is not fully unattended. During install you have to point to the directory

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:46 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
dirtwarrior wrote:
I have used this but it is not fully unattended. During install you have to point to the directory

You have to save it in the SETUP folder, then it will automaticly parse the file and it will install.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:09 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
modern NT and Unix
Whistler_fan wrote:

you cannot mount the wim.
you can onlyximage /apply to a partition , do offline modify and then ximage /capture to remake a new wim.

Hear my warning, that you will have extreme hard work and have a good chance of not coming far.FLP is not as Longhorns or Vistas wim. There are more than just one OS in the wim... think of that the setup i configurable unlike LH or vista.. all those components have to be modified seperately and seperately being repacked.

The setup process for FLP is absolutely unique and it seems that MS has "handmade" it for FLP alone. It uses wim image but thats about all it has common with LH or Vista. The rest is a mix of SDI booting and constructing the image in realtime together out of componentized embedded parts of XP.

Alone a look on the fileversions reveal that FLP is something special :

on the CD you find Files from Longhorn,Server 2003,.NET 1.0 and XPe.

what a mix !

I gave up on the idea of preinstalling/slipstreaming SP3 into FLP

( which by the way is no good idea in any case, cause before SP3 you have to install various MS software that wont work after SP3 - see the KB article for FLPSP3. )

Anyway its my absolute favorite OS !

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:42 am 
Donator

Offtopic, but has anyone got DUN working properly in FLP? I could have sworn I used to have dial up support... but I highly doubt it at the same time (kept switching between XP Pro and FLP on my old laptop).

Want it so I can use my HSDPA 3G MOdem

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:12 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Smartie77 wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

you can onlyximage /apply to a partition , do offline modify and then ximage /capture to remake a new wim.

Hear my warning, that you will have extreme hard work and have a good chance of not coming far.FLP is not as Longhorns or Vistas wim. There are more than just one OS in the wim... think of that the setup i configurable unlike LH or vista.. all those components have to be modified seperately and seperately being repacked.

The setup process for FLP is absolutely unique and it seems that MS has "handmade" it for FLP alone. It uses wim image but thats about all it has common with LH or Vista. The rest is a mix of SDI booting and constructing the image in realtime together out of componentized embedded parts of XP.

what a mix !

( which by the way is no good idea in any case, cause before SP3 you have to install various MS software that wont work after SP3 - see the KB article for FLPSP3. )

I've replaced FLP with my own Embedded image, and it works perfectly!
I also created a Decompile/Recompile script for FLP so it's easyer to repack and test your new image.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:08 am 
FTP Access

How did you make the image? Does it install to HD?

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:22 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
I create embedded images with Windows Embedded Standard 2009, and yes they boot and install!

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
modern NT and Unix
Whistler_fan wrote:
I create embedded images with Windows Embedded Standard 2009, and yes they boot and install!

and are timebombed to 4 months runtime while flp is not ...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:25 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
modern NT and Unix
happy dude wrote:
Offtopic, but has anyone got DUN working properly in FLP? I could have sworn I used to have dial up support... but I highly doubt it at the same time (kept switching between XP Pro and FLP on my old laptop).

Want it so I can use my HSDPA 3G MOdem

FLP has no NUL.SYS , so dialup is out of question. If you want to hack into re-adding this you have to start with that given config.

It supports LAN and WLAN ( if you install local mgmt and IE ) only.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:47 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Smartie77 wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

and are timebombed to 4 months runtime while flp is not ...

Not if you got an official license.....
(My school is so nice to me :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:07 am 
Whistler_fan wrote:
Smartie77 wrote:
Whistler_fan wrote:

what a mix !

I've replaced FLP with my own Embedded image, and it works perfectly!
I also created a Decompile/Recompile script for FLP so it's easyer to repack and test your new image.

Hi. I am very interested if you have more info on how you compiled/decompiled WINflp. were you able to make installation media with your changes to install on different pcs?

Plz, explain what you did and accomplished using windows embedded standard 2009?

also, plz provide your decompile/recompile script?

I have found various problems/fixes and am looking for a way to automate them for each install.

TIA!

Mike Belsky

PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:12 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
You got a PM

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:16 pm 
Whistler_fan,

have you done customizing winflp to enable dial-up networking?

PostPost subject: Re: Want to customize windows FLP        Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Nope, also i don't have an idea how to enable it.

Top  Profile