BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 52d, 13h, 40m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 5712MB of 10659MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

PostPost subject: Because Microsoft says so...        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0 TS (gold)
Either Microsoft has a sense of humor, or a sense of super power. This is Word 2.0 for Windows, with the same about box where the Word soldiers fight the WordPerfect monster I found an error "cannot quit Microsoft Excel" by accident, and I tried it in Word to show my friend, and it turned out to be somewhat funnier.

68k Mac: Mac Portable 1989, 1MB RAM
Itanium: HP zx2000, Itanium 2 900MHz, 1GB. Server 2008 R2 IA64

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Because Microsoft says so...        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:18 am 
Donator

I'm guessing it's because the About dialog box is open, did you try closing that before you exit Word? That would ruin anything funny about that message.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Because Microsoft says so...        Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0 TS (gold)
QuiescentWonder wrote:
I'm guessing it's because the About dialog box is open, did you try closing that before you exit Word? That would ruin anything funny about that message.

Well, that is the reason, but I think the wording is funny. In Excel, it just says "Cannot quit Microsoft Excel". I guess the picture would be funnier if the about box was not visible.

68k Mac: Mac Portable 1989, 1MB RAM
Itanium: HP zx2000, Itanium 2 900MHz, 1GB. Server 2008 R2 IA64

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Because Microsoft says so...        Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:50 pm 
FTP Access

rmsuperstar99 wrote:
QuiescentWonder wrote:

Well, that is the reason, but I think the wording is funny. In Excel, it just says "Cannot quit Microsoft Excel". I guess the picture would be funnier if the about box was not visible.

If you really want to make a funny picture couldn't you drag the about box around roughly where the alert box displays so it's covered up?

Top  Profile