BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 1h, 51m | CPU: 35% | MEM: 5574MB of 11947MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ] 
 PostPost subject: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:40 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I finally got the pictures off my phone from the hospital, here they are:

The bedside TV/Internet system and keyboard/mouse pad

My hand with a cannular in it, so they could infuse the drugs

Me and the machines infusing me with iron and magnesium, and the blood pressure/pulse monitoring machine

The syringe injection machine for the ciclosporin

All of the things people brought me over the 2 weeks I was in

My bedside table, including water, build up milkshake, earplugs and eye mask so I could sleep better

The system rebooting on me... Even when I'm in hospital I can't help but break things!

Almost back on...

Andy (Admin)

BetaArchive Discord: https://discord.gg/epK3r6A

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:42 pm 
FTP Access

Noice.
Shizzle load of wires tho

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:49 pm 
FTP Access

You get Internet and TV in one unit! :o Do you have to pay for this?

It's no wonder you Brits have hospital overcrowding problems, nobody wants to leave. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:05 pm 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Ambig wrote:
You get Internet and TV in one unit! :o Do you have to pay for this?

If I remember right you have to pay for the Internet but T.V. is free

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:23 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
You don't get anything free on it. You pay £3.50 a day for TV+Internet, or £7 for 3 days worth. You can even add more money to get things like the movie and sports channels but they're rip off too. Its not cheap believe me. But I had it activated every day I was there, so it worked out at about £28...

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:18 pm 

Andy wrote:
You don't get anything free on it. You pay £3.50 a day for TV+Internet, or £7 for 3 days worth. You can even add more money to get things like the movie and sports channels but they're rip off too. Its not cheap believe me. But I had it activated every day I was there, so it worked out at about £28...

What a bunch of rip off merchants. :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:23 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Thats the NHS for you! Still, I got through it, and I didn't pay, my dad did, hehe. :) Well, I paid the first 3 days, he paid the rest for me.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:30 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Andy wrote:

That's a complete rip off. The last time I stayed in a hospital, I get free TV + Internet (well wifi anyway) so I brought my laptop over.

Andy, why did you have to go to the hospital?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Day2Die wrote:

Have a look at the topic "Been admitted to hospital". It explains everything... You should have seen it already if you visit the forum often.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
hmm, network booting ? :)

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:55 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 x64
Andy wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

Have a look at the topic "Been admitted to hospital". It explains everything... You should have seen it already if you visit the forum often.

No, I mean did you need to get a blood transfusion or with did you do at the hospital? (H)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:02 pm 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Day2Die wrote:
Andy wrote:
Day2Die wrote:

No, I mean did you need to get a blood transfusion or with did you do at the hospital? (H)

Its all explained in the other topic! You just have to read. I updated it every day with what was happening, I'm not going to repeat myself :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:46 pm 
Donator

Not allowed to bring a laptop? (I think your backlight was broken at the time but you have geeky friends I am sure :P). In your situation I probably would have just paid for internet and been torrenting lots of videos and things through remote connection from your home server :)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:35 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
7 Ultimate 64bit
looks painful :o

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:14 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
djdanster wrote:
looks painful :o

The stuff going into my arm wasn't, the abdomen pain however... Well put it this way, I'm on pain killers that are 50x stronger than paracetamol to keep the pain tamed. Gives you an idea.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:32 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
I apologies for not giving my "Sincerely get well soon" post for you, I've been quite busy.

It's great to see that you're at home now and getting better, I really hope your health improves even more to the point you can take a short jog every now and then. :)

I kind of know how your tum/gastro is going through, I have to take extremely high levels of Ibuprofen (Which places havoc on my gastro and stomach), and Codeine (It interferes with my "#2" area regually) - (I suffer Severe Migraines), then I found the pills I were taking contained lactose which to that I'm Lactose Intolerant (so you can imagine in a way what that does to my tum).

Hoping for the best of your recovery, Andy, stay strong and don't get too wracked up if any financial come into play, they're arnt important right now!

(PS, I'm still donating, I missed this time around, I had to pay the rates)

Be good, my friend. :)

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Some pictures from hospital        Posted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:36 am 
Administrator

Favourite OS
Hey Alexsis,

Thanks. Have you thought about trying other painkillers? I'm using tramadol at the moment, its a lot stronger than paracetamol/ibuprofen though, by about 50x! However I need it to tame my pain. I'm not allowed to take codeine because of its "bunging up" effects, I have to let my body do the work and make mine "hard" again or I could cause more problems.

Thanks for the regular donations, I need it. I get £2 every 2 weeks to myself after I pay my rates out of my benefits. There is no way I can afford the server with that left over. And at the moment I'm not getting any benefits because I'm ill, and they don't have my sick note yet. Once they have my sick note they will start paying me again, eventually. After I do all the paperwork associated with it as well... Its going to be a long process, they're just lucky I have a little saved up for these hard times until the money is back-dated.

I'm off to the doctors today to get an extended sick note for 6 weeks as ordered by the hospital, so as soon as I have that I can contact the benefit people and get it all sorted. Wish me luck!

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]