Limited edition Vista Bill Gates edition

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Limited edition Vista Bill Gates edition

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

No, not the infamous "BillGates" version - I saw that there is going to be a special limited edition version of Vista Ultimate Upgrade, which has Bill Gates's signature on the front (presumably reproduced - I can't imagine Bill personally signing 20,000 of the things!) and is limited to 20,000 copies. As far as I can tell the actual software is identical to the normal version, it's just a special box. Destined to be a sought-after collectors' item in years to come?

Order from Amazon

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

wouldn't mind a copy , but why upgrade? these will get snapped up fast

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

Hmm, I could afford one .. I'd get one but as soon as I open it, I'll think "damnit, I shouldn't have opened this, I should keep it for 10 years and sell it on eBay"
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

buy 2

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

"Yet another reason to get Windows Vista over Mac OS X Leopard: You get Bill Gates's signature! You can't get that from Steve Jobs! Best of all, it's real, original, and not reproduced by a computer of any sort!!!"

hot:
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

troyoda1990 wrote:"Yet another reason to get Windows Vista over Mac OS X Leopard: You get Bill Gates's signature! You can't get that from Steve Jobs! Best of all, it's real, original, and not reproduced by a computer of any sort!!!"

hot:
Yeah, and Bill's almighty signature guarantes you that these editions of Vista will never crash or get infected by a virus or something like that, because Bill's almighty and magical signature will protect them!

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

going by the number on that box, wouldn't there be 20,001 copies? or does it stop at 19,999?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I think the image shown is just a "prepared" copy for the press and such, nothing actually produced. The produced boxes will start at 00001.

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Empireum:
It is a commonly known fact that integers start at zero in programing. ..

0-0-0-0-0
It maybe not very difficult to sign 20,000 copies if done over a long period of time... Lets say as a wrist exersice
-0-0-0-0-0-

I think it maybe become a collectors item but its value although not becoming the 1 USD, commonly found in compies of MS-DOS, will doubtably levitate over the initial release price.
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Empireum:
It is a commonly known fact that integers start at zero in programing. Laughing..
I know, but we're not talking about programming, are we?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

Frozenport wrote:Empireum:
It is a commonly known fact that integers start at zero in programing. ..

0-0-0-0-0
It maybe not very difficult to sign 20,000 copies if done over a long period of time... Lets say as a wrist exersice
-0-0-0-0-0-

I think it maybe become a collectors item but its value although not becoming the 1 USD, commonly found in compies of MS-DOS, will doubtably levitate over the initial release price.
im sure after something like 20years it would be, i bit like how windows 1.00 would be very expensive

ThunderKiller

Post by ThunderKiller »

who wants to have this?

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

me?

Stevey

Post by Stevey »

Cool! I suppose you could buy it and keep it and in like 10 years sell it for thousands of pounds to a nerd of the future

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

This idea has already been brought up...

CE0311

Post by CE0311 »

Hey cool, where I can get these editions of ultimate?

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

There's a link in the 1st post.

Evan
FTP Access

Post by Evan »

I'd safely say no windows copies are ever going to become rare. Even these copies aren't going to be worth much in the far future, i bet.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Windows 1.0x is rare now - it very rarely comes up on eBay and I have seen boxed copies in good condition sell for a lot. None of the others seem to be worth anything though.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I've got an OEM copy of Windows 1.03 in German and I had to bid more than $80 to get it...

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

empireum wrote:I've got an OEM copy of Windows 1.03 in German and I had to bid more than $80 to get it...
You must have been seriously keen to have a copy of 1.0! And that's only OEM, which is surely less collectable than a retail copy - how much would a retail copy go for, I wonder...

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:
empireum wrote:I've got an OEM copy of Windows 1.03 in German and I had to bid more than $80 to get it...
You must have been seriously keen to have a copy of 1.0! And that's only OEM, which is surely less collectable than a retail copy - how much would a retail copy go for, I wonder...
Yes, I was really keen to have a copy of 1.0x then, that's why the price didn't stop me. That excluded shipping, BTW, but I don't think it mattered much to me then.