Help Centre Error

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
squidward_
FTP Access

Help Centre Error

Post by squidward_ »

Has anybody seen this error before in Build 4029 of Longhorn? It happens when you try and access it's ''new'' help centre. (A bit like the ''new'' display properties error in Build 3683 of Longhorn).

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

hmm, not very interesting topic, more useless in my eyes.

Get this IT'S ALPHA SOFTWARE FOR NOTHING, geez, these posts are getting more retarted by the day.

And you CANT fix it, or you must have the SOURCE CODE to RECOMPILE it.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Calm down ^^

Could you upload the new help center files somewhere, I want to poke around with some applications of mine, and since I don't have 4029 atm ¬.¬

squidward_
FTP Access

Post by squidward_ »

Oh yes, I momentarily forgot about your disaster. May I ask what you are going to do? Maybe try and ''fix'' the broken xaml with a decompiler like with Build 3683 of Longhorn's display cpl?

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

DjRob wrote:And you CANT fix it, or you must have the SOURCE CODE to RECOMPILE it.
Looks like more a XAML error... someone who knows how to do BAML/XAML good maybe would be able to fix it...

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

squidward_ wrote:Maybe try and ''fix'' the broken xaml with a decompiler like with Build 3683 of Longhorn's display cpl?
It's worth a go. Longhorn's XAML Dialect is actually easier to understand without learning it imo.

Could someone upload it, I have a feeling it could be days before I get my hands on the necessary build at the rate my downloads are going lately.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

I am sorry if my post was hard.

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

DjRob wrote:I am sorry if my post was hard.
Hard, no, but a little scary coming from you...
I think this is the first time we've seen you snap.

Squidward, thing's like this would be reported to Microsoft if Longhorn was still in development.
Longhorn is no longer in development, and for a very good reason too.
Nobody cares about little things like this anymore, Longhorn is dead.

squidward_
FTP Access

Post by squidward_ »

I don't mind someone snapping at me for this, don't worry! Even though Longhorn is abandoned and beried in the ground, it can still be fun to play around with.

Hounsell, here is a link to the help centre file you wanted to use that program to ''poke around'' in:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=2947 ... b9a8902bda

BTW, have you ever actually tried ''fixing'' Build 3683 of Longhorn display cpl with this piece of software? If you have, and still have the files after losing a lot of things, I would like it if you could upload the files for me please? Thankyou!