Betaarchive commercials

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
zeehonden_3
FTP Access

Betaarchive commercials

Post by zeehonden_3 »

Why don't put beta archive 'commercials' on youtube?

We make a movie for eg about windows 7, put www.betaarchive.co.uk on the end, and rate it all high. Then we maybe will get more new members, betas and information.

fzajac
Donator

Re: Betaarchive commercials

Post by fzajac »

zeehonden_3 wrote:Then we maybe will get more new members, betas and information.
Or in more possible version: more leechers looking for 7 and maybe other betas...

J.Byrne
Donator

Post by J.Byrne »

I don't see why we'd want to draw more attention to the forum.

zeehonden_3
FTP Access

Post by zeehonden_3 »

jabster wrote:I don't see why we'd want to draw more attention to the forum.
Then there are more people. More people can give as result more betas and beta information.

happy dude
Donator

Post by happy dude »

zeehonden_3 wrote:
jabster wrote:I don't see why we'd want to draw more attention to the forum.
Then there are more people. More people can give as result more betas and beta information.
I dont know if you've taken notice but there a lot of idiots signing up lately spamming the forums for betas

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

I don't think it's a good idea. First of all, youtube is already full of crap . And as stated here, we got enough to deal with people just coming here to grab stuff. The ones that REALLY want to be part of the community will find us anyway by recommendation from others and net searching. And if people are looking for betas they sure don't go on Youtube to look for it.

And from a legal standpoint we sure don't need more public attention. That's one reason why Microsoft and Apple has left us alone so far, because we don't get into the spotlight. The better way for us to get noticed is if the members find others that are interested.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

longview
FTP Access

Post by longview »

Yeah, we need more terrible threads.
Let's sperg about hardware
E6410 - i5-560m, 8GB, WXGA+, NVS 3100M, Samsung SSD 830 128GB, WWAN, 9-cell, E-Port Plus Replicator
Desktop - i5-2500k (4.3 GHz TB), 8 GB, HD6950 2GB, 2x24" 1080p, Samsung SSD 830 128GB + 2 TB stripe, Xonar D2X

zeehonden_3
FTP Access

Post by zeehonden_3 »

mrpijey wrote:I don't think it's a good idea. First of all, youtube is already full of crap . And as stated here, we got enough to deal with people just coming here to grab stuff. The ones that REALLY want to be part of the community will find us anyway by recommendation from others and net searching. And if people are looking for betas they sure don't go on Youtube to look for it.

And from a legal standpoint we sure don't need more public attention. That's one reason why Microsoft and Apple has left us alone so far, because we don't get into the spotlight. The better way for us to get noticed is if the members find others that are interested.
OK, good point. I really don't want that microsoft close this site. Then there is afaik no site anymore who has a FTP with loads of betas, and with good information. (and a really good forum!)

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

zeehonden_3 wrote:
mrpijey wrote:I don't think it's a good idea. First of all, youtube is already full of crap . And as stated here, we got enough to deal with people just coming here to grab stuff. The ones that REALLY want to be part of the community will find us anyway by recommendation from others and net searching. And if people are looking for betas they sure don't go on Youtube to look for it.

OK, good point. I really don't want that microsoft close this site. Then there is afaik no site anymore who has a FTP with loads of betas, and with good information. (and a really good forum!)
As I've said before, MS know we exist, but they leave us alone because we enforce the rules about access to the FTP heavily unlike some other sites who just make everything open.

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Do they know that we exist, how do you know? Anyway, I suppose if some people who work for them know about it then they wouldn't mind, they may even be interested in obtaining things that they probably can't easily get internally, but I'm sure if anyone there who's business it is to enforce copyright found out about it they wouldn't be so happy!

win98
Donator

Post by win98 »

Personally I think youtube would be the worst place to put it as not only would people post responses for their sites like you can others would post stupid comments and all that crud. We would also most likley end up with a bunch of bored pre teens messing around even when they don't give a sh*t about betas. Also annoying MS would be the last thing we would want to do.

Tilka
FTP Access

Post by Tilka »

I think Youtube is a wrong idea because if someone is really serious about collecting betas, she will find this forum. I had to search quite some time to get here.

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Tilka wrote:I think Youtube is a wrong idea because if someone is really serious about collecting betas, she will find this forum. I had to search quite some time to get here.

I think the best place to advertize in on other webboards, or to users you can trust.
Although, I do agree with the main point of this post; it would be better to have more people. It seems less then 1/3 of ths posts here have to with Betas
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

Gmod1001
Donator

Post by Gmod1001 »

i really think there are enough people here, i really don't want a bunch of people invading the forums
Hey little fella, you like-a jump rope?

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

Agreed, we've got/had enough idiots here lately, we don't want more. The people who get here are the people who've put the effort in to find us.
Have a day.

HCLHCL
FTP Access

Post by HCLHCL »

People who are really searching for betas will find Betaarchive. So it isnt necessary to advertise, because the people which this board want to be here, are coming automaticly.