Shutdown button in Vista

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
___
Donator

Shutdown button in Vista

Post by ___ »

Is there anyway to change the Sleep button in Vista (on the startmenu) to shutdown? As i never put my computer to sleep besides turning it off.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yes, in the Control Panel -> Power Options, you have to go in the Advanced Options and there you can change the behaviour of the button... It's somewhere there, I'm sure you'll find it.

Luk001
FTP Access

Post by Luk001 »

Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change When The Computer Sleeps > Change Advanced Power Settings > Power Buttons And Lid > Start Menu Power Button > Setting: Shut down > Ok
c(o.o)

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Side_10 wrote:Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change When The Computer Sleeps > Change Advanced Power Settings > Power Buttons And Lid > Start Menu Power Button > Setting: Shut down > Ok
Congratulations Microsoft - all those hours of work on the new shutdown button made things so easy for the user

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Reminds me of the Shut Down button in Neptune, but that one is easier to customize in the Power Options...

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

cheers, got it now
Side_10 wrote:Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options > Change When The Computer Sleeps > Change Advanced Power Settings > Power Buttons And Lid > Start Menu Power Button > Setting: Shut down > Ok
It just Power Options, no Hardware and Sound option.

btw, is there any DWM options anywhere? cause i have glass but the animations have dissappeared (minimize/maximize etc)

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

___ wrote:cheers, got it now
It just Power Options, no Hardware and Sound option.

btw, is there any DWM options anywhere? cause i have glass but the animations have dissappeared (minimize/maximize etc)
Try System Properties -> Advanced -> Advanced -> Settings or something like that.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

found it, its in Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools > Advanced Tools > Adjust Appearance and performance of Windows

SaT
FTP Access

Post by SaT »

hmmm well its easy is u just do this

start-run or windowskey+r
powercfg.cpl

Click change plan settings
Click change advanced power settings
and click the power buttons and lid