Error installing Windows Server Entreprise Beta 3

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
Windows Me

Error installing Windows Server Entreprise Beta 3

Post by Windows Me »

Hello, I recently acquired an original (or a really realist copy) of Windows Server 2008 Entreprise Beta DVD. But when I try to install it on my Dell Optiplex 380 running Windows 7 I have an error:"this computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs at least 482 megabytes (MB) of space on an partition for temporary files. To install Windows, free enough space and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070103". This error happens after few seconds after I click on the installation file in the CD. I tried making a new partition of 500mb but still this error, I also tried changing the date of my computer (in BIOS and on the system). I tried to install it into a non branded server that I have (there is 4 hard disks in it) but same error. The DVD is not bootable. I tried to make an upgrade to Windows server 2003 to this Beta on Virtual Box but I get another error like "you can't run this win32 application" or something like that and I tried on Virtual Box too an upgrade from Vista but I get an error.
I need help please!

Fanta Shokata

Re: Error installing Windows Server Entreprise Beta 3

Post by Fanta Shokata »

Windows Me wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:37 pm
Hello, I recently acquired an original (or a really realist copy) of Windows Server 2008 Entreprise Beta DVD. But when I try to install it on my Dell Optiplex 380 running Windows 7 I have an error:"this computer does not have enough space for temporary files. Windows installation needs at least 482 megabytes (MB) of space on an partition for temporary files. To install Windows, free enough space and restart the installation. Error code: 0x80070103". This error happens after few seconds after I click on the installation file in the CD. I tried making a new partition of 500mb but still this error, I also tried changing the date of my computer (in BIOS and on the system). I tried to install it into a non branded server that I have (there is 4 hard disks in it) but same error. The DVD is not bootable. I tried to make an upgrade to Windows server 2003 to this Beta on Virtual Box but I get another error like "you can't run this win32 application" or something like that and I tried on Virtual Box too an upgrade from Vista but I get an error.
I need help please!

AFAIK Windows Server doesn't support upgrading from non-Server Windows.
More Fanta. Less Serious