BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 33d, 14h, 43m | CPU: 10% | MEM: 5329MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:07 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 Professional
hello, recently i'm kinda into the logon background of Windows 7 Embedded,
it looked more professional to me.

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .29929.png
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13427

can i replace the normal Windows 7 Ultimate logon background by replacing some certain system files from Windows 7 Embedded to achieve this?
and if it can be done, which files are to be replaced?

thanks

Memory: 4 x 8GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP DDR3-1600/PC3-12800
HDD: WD3200AAJS + WD2003FYYS + WD6001FSYZ + WD/HITACHI DC HC320
PSU: Antec Neo Eco 620W Modular

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
whistler2296
regedit
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background
Find REG_DWORD value OEMBackground (create a DWORD 32-bit value if it doesn't exist), change the data to 1

Then go to path C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds (create the subfolders if they don't exist), put up a file named BackgroundDefault.jpg which contains the custom background (it needs to be smaller than 256 KB)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 9:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Vista
I used this tool a while back:
http://www.julien-manici.com/windows_7_ ... d_changer/

#8032forbrian came true

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Fri May 22, 2020 10:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn build 4050/4074/5270
liliwinnt6 wrote:
hello, recently i'm kinda into the logon background of Windows 7 Embedded,
it looked more professional to me.

https://www.betaarchive.com/imageupload ... .29929.png
https://www.betaarchive.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13427

can i replace the normal Windows 7 Ultimate logon background by replacing some certain system files from Windows 7 Embedded to achieve this?
and if it can be done, which files are to be replaced?

thanks

If you don't want to cope with replacing the image, I'll DM you the modified DLL file. Otherwise follow this guide.

Také ownership of authui.dll with TakeOwnershipEx, download Restorator 2018 or Resource Hacker, copy authui.dll (located in C:/Windows/System32) to the desktop, open the copy with the downloaded program, open the BITMAP folder (or PNGFILE, I don't really remember), replace all the variations of the bootscreen with your desired image (it should be converted to a 32 bit BMP formát in case the folder is called BITMAP or to a PNG, depends on the folder name), save changes and rename the default one to authui.dll.bak or anything else, then paste the copy. (I suggest that you better use a systém file replacer utility as you could temporarily brick the systém).

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Tapatalk

Searching for AtheneRa's Win. Vista 5259 VS for Vista RTM. In exchange for his 5112 and 5231 full VS's (impossible to find).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:38 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
PlyrStar93 wrote:
regedit
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Authentication\LogonUI\Background
Find REG_DWORD value OEMBackground (create a DWORD 32-bit value if it doesn't exist), change the data to 1
Then go to path C:\Windows\System32\oobe\info\backgrounds (create the subfolders if they don't exist), put up a file named BackgroundDefault.jpg which contains the custom background (it needs to be smaller than 256 KB)

thank you, but i saw this method already,
it requires me to prepare different scales of background for different screen resolutions
so i don't think it would work well.
do you have the way to actually replace the relative system files in order to change the background?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:35 am 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
www.google.com - Use it

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 6:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
BioMarkII wrote:
If you don't want to cope with replacing the image, I'll DM you the modified DLL file. Otherwise follow this guide.
Také ownership of authui.dll with TakeOwnershipEx, download Restorator 2018 or Resource Hacker, copy authui.dll (located in C:/Windows/System32) to the desktop, open the copy with the downloaded program, open the BITMAP folder (or PNGFILE, I don't really remember), replace all the variations of the bootscreen with your desired image (it should be converted to a 32 bit BMP formát in case the folder is called BITMAP or to a PNG, depends on the folder name), save changes and rename the default one to authui.dll.bak or anything else, then paste the copy. (I suggest that you better use a systém file replacer utility as you could temporarily brick the systém).

okay, pending
i'll thank you first
can i just replace the authui.dll with the one from the Windows 7 Embedded?
does this dll contain any wanted background images?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 10:21 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
liliwinnt6 wrote:
BioMarkII wrote:

okay, pending
i'll thank you first
You can't copy the dll directly from a somewhat different edition as it probably won't work because of slight difference in the code.
What you CAN do is extract the image files from it.

Searching for AtheneRa's Win. Vista 5259 VS for Vista RTM. In exchange for his 5112 and 5231 full VS's (impossible to find).

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 2:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
BioMarkII wrote:
liliwinnt6 wrote:
BioMarkII wrote:

okay, pending
i'll thank you first
You can't copy the dll directly from a somewhat different edition as it probably won't work because of slight difference in the code.

how many versions of different resolutions of the background does all authui.dll files have? would you do me a favor to extract all of them and send them to me? thanks

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 3:38 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
Try Windows 7 Logon Background Changer

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:14 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
YueLing11 wrote:
Try Windows 7 Logon Background Changer

i need to know how many background images of different screen resolutions can i have!
now i have a 1024x768 and a 1920x1200 bg, need to have a 1920x1080 at least

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sat May 23, 2020 4:16 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
liliwinnt6 wrote:
BioMarkII wrote:
liliwinnt6 wrote:
BioMarkII wrote:

okay, pending
i'll thank you first

how many versions of different resolutions of the background does all authui.dll files have? would you do me a favor to extract all of them and send them to me? thanks
You don't have to pay attention to that. Just replace the images without worrying about anything.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Sun May 24, 2020 5:10 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
5469, 6469, 6956, 9369
doesn't win7 use the copy in IMAGE resource section in imageres.dll by default?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Changing Windows 7 logon background        Posted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:40 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Alphis wrote:
doesn't win7 use the copy in IMAGE resource section in imageres.dll by default?

Yet again I was stating things without doing research. Sorry.

Yes, it is located in the IMAGE folder of imageres.dll, just like you've explained.

Top  Profile