BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 28d, 4h, 28m | CPU: 56% | MEM: 5532MB of 8191MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Original Doom Alphas and betas        Posted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:26 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
I don't see anywhere a thread about the Doom Alpha versions and/or betas or other material that was released thorought the years. Alpha 0.3 resurfaced in 2015 and I'm really curious whether there are any hidden commands/commandline options in these builds. I find nobody has documented this, also for a plain player a lot of the areas are inacessible due to lack of cheat codes or at least cheat codes unknown to us. Map11 and more won't let me progress because of the issue of larger than stair drops being impassable etc...

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Original Doom Alphas and betas        Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:06 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
I made some executable edits for testing of 0.4, to swap SARG with lost souls and barons.
download
But I wonder how to bypass the height limit because I saw videos that showed it.
EDIT: Ah he made a hacked exe as well to remove the limit instead of swapping the enemies.

Last edited by LEOTCK on Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Original Doom Alphas and betas        Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:21 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Win7
The site requires a password to download your edited stuff. Can you plz upload it somewhere else?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Original Doom Alphas and betas        Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 8:45 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
Sorry, it's been fixed now. Try the link again I accidentaly did "downloads" instead of download.

But here's a way to bypass the height limit and so far the only cheat I could find.

http://toastytech.com/dooma/alpha4.html

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Original Doom Alphas and betas        Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:28 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
KHAN
I made before also a hack of the 0.2 exes to show sargs instead of bosses (barons) and another exe that shows them being replaced with animated shotgun sprite (lol)
download

EDIT: Also hacked Doom 0.3 now, both with the wads levelhack
And also the usual lostsoul hack lostsoulhack

Top  Profile