BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 6d, 12h, 16m | CPU: 29% | MEM: 5321MB of 11604MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:34 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whenever I try to install the respective build as shown in the title, I get a message to type a product key. I checked on both BetaWiki and The Collection Book, and none of them showed a product key. This is the message I keep getting.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:47 am 
FTP Access

United States - exact location is unknown...

Favourite OS
Windows 7 SP1/ 10/ XP SP3/ 8.1
Did you change the bios date? On most beta versions/early builds of Windows, the bios date must be changed to a specific date or else you'll encounter problems after installing.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:04 am 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
Try setting the BIOS date back to October 3rd 2007, as shown on both BetaWiki and TCB, and re-install.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:46 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
I probably did set it wrong, BetaWiki's date system is different than the DD-MM-YYYY system.
If not that then it's probably because I actually set the date in the setup so, yeah. VBox doesn't really have a good BIOS date setting up system.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:03 am 
FTP Access

Dwendel wrote:
I probably did set it wrong, BetaWiki's date system is different than the DD-MM-YYYY system.
If not that then it's probably because I actually set the date in the setup so, yeah. VBox doesn't really have a good BIOS date setting up system.

BetaWiki follows the ISO 8601 date system, which is YYYY-MM-DD. Also the issue with VBox is that, if you don't set the date by modifying the VM config, it resets to the current date on every boot.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:54 am 
FTP Access

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Existence

Favourite OS
Windows XP SP3, Windows 1.0 DR5
Dwendel wrote:

Use VMWare.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Windows 7 build 6469 product key problem        Posted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:59 pm 

Favourite OS
Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
JimOlive wrote:
Dwendel wrote:

Use VMWare.

Another way to change the date in VirtualBox to install beta builds:
1. Boot into Windows Setup, press Shift+F10 to open Command Prompt.
2. Type "date" (without quote) and press Enter.
3. Now type the date (M-D-YYYY format, for example: 10/30/2007 (October 30, 2007)) and then press Enter.

Top  Profile