BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 27d, 20h, 39m | CPU: 27% | MEM: 5788MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:06 am 

Favourite OS
2195 SP4
Hello, I want to know how to have the Windows 2000 start screen in Server 2003, I want the same blue bars until the end and not three squares moving and you do not know how much is left. What files do I have to replace to have the Windows 2000 boot, since all kernel resources such as ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlpa.exe only have black bitmaps and the Windows Server 2003 logo does not appear in any of them. For me, I have to change things in the registry or edit / replace a file so that the bootscreen has the same logic as Windows 2000.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
Windows Research Kernel..
NTOSdrop CE..

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:10 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
Venetik wrote:
NTOSdrop CE..

Which as I recall the last time I requested it, nobody had a copy.
You can get a close enough one asis by adding a /SOS switch to the boot.ini line for the os of choice. You won't get some fancy logo in the center though. Only NT4 style init text.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:23 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
yourepicfailure wrote:
Venetik wrote:
NTOSdrop CE..

Which as I recall the last time I requested it, nobody had a copy.
You can get a close enough one asis by adding a /SOS switch to the boot.ini line for the os of choice. You won't get some fancy logo in the center though. Only NT4 style init text.
I have. But I can provide it after 3rd of Jan.

I still collect various CODE from winocm and osbetaarchive/early betaarchive for archiving :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
NT3.X Family
Venetik wrote:
I have. But I can provide it after 3rd of Jan.

I still collect various CODE from winocm and osbetaarchive/early betaarchive for archiving :)

That would be great! Is it the one I referenced here viewtopic.php?f=16&t=32687 ? With changes, the init debug text could be swapped out with a massive Windows server 2003 logo image, further fulfilling his request for a more 2k style bootscreen. The top and bottom bitmaps could also be easily swapped out as well.

OP, here's what NtosdropCe looks like on boot. Probably had the /sos switch thrown to bring it up:

Word of note though, WRK is only compatible with Server 2003 SP1. Not R2. Don't know if there were changes with ntosdropce to change this.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:22 pm 
Donator

Windows2020FAN wrote:
Hello, I want to know how to have the Windows 2000 start screen in Server 2003, I want the same blue bars until the end and not three squares moving and you do not know how much is left.

You can't do that with a vanilla kernel. The code is simply not there.

Windows2020FAN wrote:
What files do I have to replace to have the Windows 2000 boot, since all kernel resources such as ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlpa.exe only have black bitmaps and the Windows Server 2003 logo does not appear in any of them.

Oh, the bitmaps are not black, you just don't use the proper palette - the real palette is hardcoded inside the kernel. The embedded BMP header includes an all-black palette presumably to discourage modders from tampering with the kernel.

Windows2020FAN wrote:
For me, I have to change things in the registry or edit / replace a file so that the bootscreen has the same logic as Windows 2000.

As I said, this is all located in crucial system files that one shouldn't replace without proper knowledge.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: The same Windows 2000 bootscreen in Windows Server 2003        Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:32 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Serenity
https://mega.nz/#!Hl9i1KpK!AeA5EvBIz2zS ... S7usPr_Qac
ntosdrop

Top  Profile  WWW