Why is Longhorn 4057.private/lab06_dev_ux.031107-1900 fake?

Discuss Windows Vista/Server 2008 to Windows 10.
ReflectiaX
FTP Access

Re: Why is Longhorn 4057.private/lab06_dev_ux.031107-1900 fa

Post by ReflectiaX »

That image is 100% fake. It's one of the fake images Utaks created as a means to trade with people who supposedly had unleaked content that he wanted. That kid used to create fakes all the time to try to make it look like he had all sorts of stuff. Since screenshots were too easy to debunk, he'd take off-screen shots like that.

Just go ask dj_cityboy, who originally uploaded that image (he probably has a folder still of all the Utaks fakes). There were other people who did the same stuff (BOFH is another who comes to mind...and for that matter, even I did it back then as a means to see what might get back to me so I could identify leakers, lol), so I may not be correctly recalling that picture as being one of Utaks', but it's definitely fake.

As a bit of ancillary information, while I do not have a 4057 private build, I do have other private Lab06 builds from around that time frame that were used for very specific test cases. I also have the lab06_demo build that Hillel used on stage at PDC 2003 (as well as the instructions that were used to prepare it for the demo--of which a LOT of stuff had to be done). The aero.msstyles file used there was foundationally the same as what was used elsewhere (for those who had access to that theme back then). And as you can see, it looks nothing like that fake screenshot.

What we saw at PDC 2003 (which took place ~2 weeks prior to the date of this build) was EXTREMELY crafted for the specific demo Hillel did on stage. That fake picture draws too much inspiration from high fidelity flash demos that had already been seen back then.

That's my two cents. I can't stop anyone from believing it's real if they want; it's no sweat off my back. Oh, and PeterFalk is either lying, or he's being lied to and believes whomever it is that's lying to him.
Last edited by ReflectiaX on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Visit BetaCollector.com for rare and unique beta-related content!

ReflectiaX
FTP Access

Post by ReflectiaX »

ATeamInc wrote:3. Same goes for a supposed Longhorn obviously fake image, 5033, which appeared at WinHEC '04
I don't know from where did this come, but until we know, this build is not confirmed.
That wasn't a build, but rather a high-fidelity mockup running on an Athens PC prototype. Here's a small picture of it:

And here's a link to the video we released back in 2005 of that mockup being presented at WinHEC 2004: https://ufile.io/9s694
Visit BetaCollector.com for rare and unique beta-related content!

Savoury
FTP Access

Post by Savoury »

ReflectiaX wrote:That image is 100% fake. It's one of the fake images Utaks created as a means to trade with people who supposedly had unleaked content that he wanted. That kid used to create fakes all the time to try to make it look like he had all sorts of stuff. Since screenshots were too easy to debunk, he'd take off-screen shots like that.

Just go ask dj_cityboy, who originally uploaded that image (he probably has a folder still of all the Utaks fakes). There were other people who did the same stuff (BOFH is another who comes to mind...and for that matter, even I did it back then as a means to see what might get back to me so I could identify leakers, lol), so I may not be correctly recalling that picture as being one of Utaks', but it's definitely fake.

Just went through all of the Stuff i've must have missed the last decade.. And yeah, that particular Screenshot is fake, i did it for the same reason as you.
And yes, i've made it.. :D That one actually isn't Utakz fault. I still remember having those vertical stripes removed in the aurora BAMLs, which i actually even wanted to use in the TWIWMTB release of 4074, for some reason i stuck on the original ones there.. Don't even remember why.

Sorry to resurrect such an old topic, but i had to get this right.

Formerly known as Lost Soul.

dj_cityboy
FTP Access

Post by dj_cityboy »

wow this is crazy that this has came up after all this time again, i believe i received this screenshot from Utaks as well as some other files from back in the AeroXP days, i trusted what he told me and that this was 4057 (the build that was shown @ PDC03), someone else confirmed this was real but i can only assume they were working with Utaks, i kept it for the longest time and uploaded it to Photobucket to post years after he passed, i cant recall the dates but up until that point i had believe it to be real...i believe jemaho confirmed it to be real as well, it was a long time ago, my brain is fuzzy..

its hilarious to see Lost Soul's post and find out it was him that created the pic...lol...man this is some weird deja-vu, nostalgia

peas
cityboy