Contributing Media

Problem with the site? Got a suggestion? Got feedback? Post here and the staff will discuss it with you.
haicruwa
FTP Access

Contributing Media

Post by haicruwa »

Hi, I would like to contribute media (Promotional images, concept art, renders) of Star Wars games (including images of beta and unused content, and content from artist portfolios which is not avaliable anymore) to the FTP server. However, since this will be my first upload, I am not sure how to interpret the "release preparation" guide.
According to the guide, each release has to be compressed into an archive with a specific name.
Should I create an archive for every single game or one big archive? And how should I structure and name the archives?

BF10
FTP Access

Re: Contributing Media

Post by BF10 »

Create an archive for each game so it can be sorted more easily. You can zip it into a RAR, ZIP, or 7z (earlier recommended) by using WinZIP or 7-Zip.

BetaWiki contributor.

haicruwa
FTP Access

Post by haicruwa »

Thank you for the quick response!
is there a size limit for non-members? It seems like i cannot upload further archives after having uploaded 4 files totalling at 128 MB.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

There is no size limit on uploads no.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

haicruwa
FTP Access

Post by haicruwa »

Every time I try to upload another file i receive a "550 Cannot STOR" response.
From searching for this error message, I could not yet find out what can cause this on my end.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

There's usually more in the log saying what's wrong... If your client gets disconnected ever so briefly your previous session could have locked up the files as well. PM me otherwise and you can upload to my private FTP directly.
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter