[Offer] Diablo 2 & LOD Beta disks and Hi Res CD image

Download requests and offers should be made in this forum.
Do not request a download if you have under 10 posts. You will be ignored.
Forum rules
Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated in the rules. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice.
2. Requests for anything against our rules will not be entertained and you will be warned.
3. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers by using the database linked in the navigation.
chickenbuckets
FTP Access

[Offer] Diablo 2 & LOD Beta disks and Hi Res CD image

Post by chickenbuckets »

Hello, I am properly dumping both the Diablo 2 Beta and Diablo 2 Expansion Beta disks in MDS/MDF with both 1200DPI scans in TIFF format.

These were given to me by Blizzard Entertainment as I was one of the thousand Beta testers for the Diablo 2 series, so I can assure you these are proper beta rips from the actual source, as well as the highest quality scans anywhere on the internet for these disks.

I hope you enjoy these digital beta copies to whoever may be interested in them.

======

Diablo 2 Beta Disk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2yyhbtwivxaf ... A.zip?dl=0
Diablo 2 Beta CD Label
https://www.dropbox.com/s/38cyt49v3c2ut ... A.tif?dl=0

======

Diablo 2 LOD Beta Disk
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pn35q1kulx4a8 ... A.zip?dl=0
Diablo 2 LOD Beta CD Label
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2201csxx17j2q ... A.tif?dl=0

======
Last edited by chickenbuckets on Mon May 02, 2016 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mrpijey
Administrator

Re: [Offer] Diablo 2 & LOD Beta disks and Hi Res CD image

Post by mrpijey »

If you got the original disc then it would also be great to get a MDF dump of that disc, just to improve the actual dump, along with your scan!

Thanks!
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

chickenbuckets
FTP Access

Post by chickenbuckets »

mrpijey wrote:If you got the original disc then it would also be great to get a MDF dump of that disc, just to improve the actual dump, along with your scan!

Thanks!
Original post has been updated.

mrpijey
Administrator

Post by mrpijey »

Thanks a lot! I've replaced our older and incomplete copies on the FTP with your copies!
Official guidelines: The Definitive Guide to BetaArchive :: Abandonware
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

GL1zdA
FTP Access

Post by GL1zdA »

Does this beta offer any single player content?

PivotGuy246
FTP Access

Post by PivotGuy246 »

Pretty nice offer there, @chickenbuckets. Interesting how they created LOD builds for Diablo 2.

GL1zdA
FTP Access

Post by GL1zdA »

Did anyone managed to run it on XP? I've installed it, the tests ran, but it won't launch. Unfortunately I don't have a 98 machine at hand now.

GL1zdA
FTP Access

Post by GL1zdA »

Okay, I've installed in to a 98 SE machine (real PC) and it's the same - Diablo II.exe terminates right after launching. I've tried setting the date back in Windows, but it doesn't help. Any hints how to launch it?

chickenbuckets
FTP Access

Post by chickenbuckets »

GL1zdA wrote:Okay, I've installed in to a 98 SE machine (real PC) and it's the same - Diablo II.exe terminates right after launching. I've tried setting the date back in Windows, but it doesn't help. Any hints how to launch it?
I remember running this on at least Windows 2000 , back in the 2000's. Try giving it a go with that instead of Windows 98. I am not sure entirely if that will help, but should be a start.
GL1zdA wrote:Does this beta offer any single player content?
D2 Beta and the D2 Beta Expansion were all Multiplayer Battle.net builds.
PivotGuy246 wrote:Pretty nice offer there, @chickenbuckets. Interesting how they created LOD builds for Diablo 2.
You are welcome.

chickenbuckets
FTP Access

Post by chickenbuckets »

Hello; I am wanting to inform those who never got these files to please download these files now.

I will be removing them from my personal Dropbox on the 28th of April; making it 1 year that I have had them available for the public.

After that you will have to refer to the Beta Archive FTP.

:-)

galaxyhaxz
FTP Access

Post by galaxyhaxz »

Thank you for posting this! As a D2 nerd this was essential to the collection.
This thread someone managed to get the original beta to start: HERE
Here is a screenshot of the title screen: HERE

I am currently working on a patch to get them running in single player. I have got the LoD beta running (but it's glitchy). I am trying to get the regular beta running as well. Sadly it won't let me post screenshots.

You can install the regular beta using this cd key: K762-VRKP-VWCP-6GHM
However, I could not find one for installing the LoD beta anywhere. You wouldn't happen to have one, chickenbuckets??

galaxyhaxz
FTP Access

Post by galaxyhaxz »

Hello everyone! Today brings some good news!

After a lot of work I managed to get the LoD Beta running in single player! It involved fixing a few incorrect network packets hidden deep within the code. The beta is very interesting and contains many differences from the retail version of LoD. Items, monsters, skills, animations and sounds all have at least some difference. Big thanks to ChickenBuckets for making this possible!

Check back every now and then! The regular beta may be playable in the future!

(Mirror of images for those with no FTP access)
DIABLO2BETA.ZIP (Original MDF Dump)
D2XBETA.ZIP (Original MDF Dump)

(CD Labels) -> These are indexed, printer ready scans of the discs! With transparency!
DIABLO2BETA.TIF (UPDATED 09/23/17 -> New higher res scan made from the original disc!)
D2XBETA.TIF (UPDATED 09/23/17 -> New higher res scan made from the original disc!)

(CD-KEYS) Disclaimer: these are beta cd-keys and do not work on battle.net. Use them to install the game
Diablo 2 Beta: 22FN-H2K2-2TK7-GEHW
D2X Beta: 2222-H2CD-2TK7-2P69

(Patched LOD Beta)
DOWNLOAD CUSTOM ISO
DOWNLOAD PATCH (Use this over a regular D2X installation so you don't have to download the whole ISO)

Screens:
Lod title screen (patch 1.41 of 1.07)
Classic beta title screen. Single player currently not working.
Beta act V

chickenbuckets
FTP Access

Post by chickenbuckets »

galaxyhaxz wrote:Hello everyone! Today brings some good news!

After a lot of work I managed to get the LoD Beta running in single player! It involved fixing a few incorrect network packets hidden deep within the code. The beta is very interesting and contains many differences from the retail version of LoD. Items, monsters, skills, animations and sounds all have at least some difference. Big thanks to ChickenBuckets for making this possible!
Hello GalaxyHaxz; Sorry for the late reply, I thank you for cracking the code and opening up something that has been locked out for me for over 17 years. I look forward to playing this again, I added you on Battle.net client messenger, but if you have Discord/TS3/Mumble please let me know by sending a private message back, so we may get in contact off this message board forum.

Once again, thank you, I was hoping someone like yourself would be able to get in and tinker with it.

cjp1123

Post by cjp1123 »

I know this post is at least a couple years old; but i happened to find this and was like YEAH!!! I wanted to try the beta, but unfortunately I was only like.... 5 when the beta came out?
Anyhow: I got this working on Windows 10 and wanted to share incase any other newer computer people wanted to try the beta as it stands;
Compatibility Windows xp (SP2)
Run as Admin

Theres no single player option though in the Non LOD is there any way to spoof battle.net so it doesn't forcibly update to 1.14d (as that is the new patch) I would much enjoy finding out. I heard of some fantastic things that happened back before LOD that i wanted to find out was true, supposedly it was either beta or just after beta but before LOD 1.07. (example being double spear barbarians)

chickenbuckets
FTP Access

Post by chickenbuckets »

cjp1123 wrote:I know this post is at least a couple years old; but i happened to find this and was like YEAH!!! I wanted to try the beta, but unfortunately I was only like.... 5 when the beta came out?
Anyhow: I got this working on Windows 10 and wanted to share incase any other newer computer people wanted to try the beta as it stands;
Compatibility Windows xp (SP2)
Run as Admin

Theres no single player option though in the Non LOD is there any way to spoof battle.net so it doesn't forcibly update to 1.14d (as that is the new patch) I would much enjoy finding out. I heard of some fantastic things that happened back before LOD that i wanted to find out was true, supposedly it was either beta or just after beta but before LOD 1.07. (example being double spear barbarians)
I still watch this thread from time to time, and it looks that the original beta has not been cracked; I can say since I did play the beta and since im the guy who dumped these, that for the most part imagine getting up to about level 12 and then doing nothing but Andarial runs over and over as there was no Act 2 just Act 1. Your skills were also restricted to level 12 but you could level up as much as you wanted, but eventually the experienced gained doing Andarial runs over and over was just tedious.

I do remember someone making it to level 20 or 25 if memory serves me correct just spamming those Andarial runs over and over as the experience grind became painful after level 12.

The only thing that would separate you apart from the others is the higher the level you were, the better the weapon quality Charsi would forge for you if you waited to use your 'Tools of the Trade' quest, and then you could go off and slay others in PVP with your higher imbued weapon.

Other than that, and some audio/visual bugs the Diablo 2 beta is not that different from back then as it is today. If you have any other questions I can answer them, even 18 years later I am still pretty knowledgeable about the contents inside.