BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 5d, 23h, 23m | CPU: 2% | MEM: 5772MB of 12281MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:02 am 
Donator

Due to a mistake Microsoft has pushed some Builds not meant for the public eyes to the flighting rings - those are 16212 rs_edge_case (x86 only), 15220 rs_iot, rs_xbox and rs_devices for mobile. 16212 works kinda okay on PCs - its a tad buggier but all in all it is said to work. 15220 rs_iot on the other hand will breaks your phone, rs_xbox and _devices won't even let you restart your phone to install the update. If you installed those builds, you have to reset your phone with WDRT

source: https://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-e ... 6212-today

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:54 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Neptune/Whistler2419/Linux Mint
so ir works on PC? is it on the FTP?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:14 am 
Donator

Haven't checked the FTP yet.

Okay, its not on the FTP and I can't find an ESD on the web either.

Last edited by Ludacris on Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
i assumed you had it allready

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:27 am 
Donator

Nope. I just read about it in the news, I rarely use windows at the moment (Linux at work and I cba to turn on my pc at home).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:11 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
fair enough, if my Android phone could take care of my media needs then i would ditch windows too.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:23 pm 
Donator

Jfyi 15063.2.rs2_release_svc_d.170531-1743 (UUP-CTv2) also went out

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:02 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 2000 SP4 and XP SP3
Yeah. June 1st was a CHAOTIC day for the Insider program. Internal builds being flighted to NON-Insiders, Mobile trying to update to an IoT build, you name it. It was fun.

If you want a overview of the PC build released, here's one from Windows Central: https://youtu.be/TSMrTI-s2LM

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:03 pm 
Administrator

betaluva wrote:
so ir works on PC? is it on the FTP?

It's on the FTP.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:35 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows OS wrote:
Yeah. June 1st was a CHAOTIC day for the Insider program. Internal builds being flighted to NON-Insiders, Mobile trying to update to an IoT build, you name it. It was fun.

If you want a overview of the PC build released, here's one from Windows Central: https://youtu.be/TSMrTI-s2LM

Those Mobile builds ARE Mobile SKUs (I checked the registry), just from some weird branch like rs_iot and rs_xbox... What the heck 8-) .

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:26 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
BetaNewbie wrote:
Those Mobile builds ARE Mobile SKUs (I checked the registry), just from some weird branch like rs_iot and rs_xbox... What the heck 8-) .

Huh. Did you try to look for registry keys W10M specific, or just looked at the SKU?

If it is the latter, huh. I guess ALL versions of Windows 10 have an Mobile SKU.

I still think that those builds are IoT and Xbox builds, just set to the Mobile SKU. My theory is since (according to rumors) Microsoft is redoing Windows 10 Mobile from scratch (being based off of the Windows 10 PC versions for ARM, instead of the separate codebase for Phone 8.1), they introduced a Mobile SKU for all other Windows 10 builds. They just accidentally flighted the IoT and Xbox builds for Mobile.

What also plays to that theory is the behavior once Windows Update gets those builds. My guess is that with the IoT build, Windows Update attempted to install it (IoT is available for ARM), but Secure Boot prevented it from booting up, causing the bootloop (IoT and W10M have different Secure Boot certificates). With the Xbox build, Windows Update detected that it's an x86 build (I doubt that the Windows 10 branch for the Xbox One has an ARM version), thus erroring out.

But, that's just my theory. Take it with as much salt as you like.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:17 pm 
FTP Access

Bordeaux, sometimes in Paris, France, maybe also in R.W

Favourite OS
Windows OS wrote:
BetaNewbie wrote:

Huh. Did you try to look for registry keys W10M specific, or just looked at the SKU?

If it is the latter, huh. I guess ALL versions of Windows 10 have an Mobile SKU.

I still think that those builds are IoT and Xbox builds, just set to the Mobile SKU. My theory is since (according to rumors) Microsoft is redoing Windows 10 Mobile from scratch (being based off of the Windows 10 PC versions for ARM, instead of the separate codebase for Phone 8.1), they introduced a Mobile SKU for all other Windows 10 builds. They just accidentally flighted the IoT and Xbox builds for Mobile.

What also plays to that theory is the behavior once Windows Update gets those builds. My guess is that with the IoT build, Windows Update attempted to install it (IoT is available for ARM), but Secure Boot prevented it from booting up, causing the bootloop (IoT and W10M have different Secure Boot certificates). With the Xbox build, Windows Update detected that it's an x86 build (I doubt that the Windows 10 branch for the Xbox One has an ARM version), thus erroring out.

But, that's just my theory. Take it with as much salt as you like.

Nice x86 rs_xbox build

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:10 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
gus33000 wrote:

Nice x86 rs_xbox build

You got it installed and working?

Well, that's my theory thrown out lol.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:42 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
DWORD: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shell\CShellUseCoreShell\Enabled...
Action Center is broken when set this to 1, but the name of this value is interesting...
Not sure what it does.

Some fun and mystery system apps found...

EC App, maybe the most interesting one, looks like a new touch keyboard, not working though.
shell:appsfolder\Microsoft.ECApp_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App

CapturePicker, once a place holder, now with a somewhat proper UI...
shell:appsfolder\Microsoft.Windows.CapturePicker_cw5n1h2txyewy!App

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:16 am 
Donator

That Keyboard is a SwiftKey Implementation.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Longhorn&2000&XP&7
gus33000 wrote:

Nice x86 rs_xbox build

oh... Xbox Mobile :o

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:30 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
BetaLH wrote:
gus33000 wrote:

Nice x86 rs_xbox build

oh... Xbox Mobile :o

Nope, that lab isn't just for stuff related to Xbox the console, but also the Xbox app and Xbox Live APIs for apps...

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: 16212 rs_edge_case unintentionally released        Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:59 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
The Distractor wrote:

Nope, that lab isn't just for stuff related to Xbox the console, but also the Xbox app and Xbox Live APIs for apps...

Well, that explains a lot.

Top  Profile  WWW