Bootable XP

Discussions about *nix and Other Operating Systems should go in this forum.
RentedMule
Donator

Bootable XP

Post by RentedMule »

Hey all,

Over a couple of years, I have fine tuned a BartPE build which is impressive in what it does and also its size. Currently it fits on the better part of a dual layer DVD.

Anyway, aside from the XP installer, and multitude of disk tools, I also have Microsoft Office 2003, Visual Studio 6, Borland C++ Builder 6, Borland Delphi 6, Borland Developer Studio 2006, Photoshop... and the list goes on and on.

Is anyone else interested in this? I call it my Super Magical Disk.

If so, Ill make a build and put the iso on my ftp.

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Does it have the Explorer shell? I'd like a PE with Explorer so it's exactly like real Windows XP - none of the PEs I've found ever had it (they always have one of those horrible things that's meant to look like Explorer but isn't anything like it(, and I did manage to make one where Explorer loads but most things in Explorer were broken.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

I would be interested... however downloading 5gbs at 10-15kbs is not really my cup of tea.. i guess i could put it in flashget though...
-Jeff

Orry Verducci

Post by Orry Verducci »

I could be wrong but I don't think it's possible to get Explorer fully working with BartPE without putting most of XP and other extras on it, and then I don't even think that works properly.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

There is the excellent XPe plugin that uses the real Explorer shell. This is basically old news, I've been using it forever, but take a look for yourself:

http://oss.netfarm.it/winpe/screenshots.php

RentedMule
Donator

Post by RentedMule »

Explorer works fine, as mentioned et al XPe. No limits other than physical ram