memory

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
dirtwarrior
FTP Access

memory

Post by dirtwarrior »

Is this regular ddr memory?
512 1RX4 PC2-3200R-333- 11-CO

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

I think it is:

512 MB
PC2 3200 (regular)
333 MHz (max)

Its normal DDR,
But only you have a screen of it.
If the black banks are long its DDR and if they are square they are DDR2

hounsell

Re: memory

Post by hounsell »

Well, the PC2-3200 would be DDR2-400MHz RAM Rather than DDR 333MHz, which would be PC-2700

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

if you do a search of the name, PC2 appears to be DDR2 memory
the R after the 3200 means ecc registered, meaning abnormal memory for home PCs, there are for servers with registered ram, very little home pc motherboard will take ecc registered memory

here are some serached links
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dell-Hynix-2GB-2 ... dZViewItem
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/sys/611230146.html

The ebay link shows a picture of the 1GB version, but the name is almost identical

according from the name you said,
this is NOT normal ddr memory
this NOT normal ddr2 memory either
this memory will NOT work in a normal home computer

look for PC-3200 / 400 MHz (no extension) if you want normal ddr memory.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

It's registered PC3200 (DDR400) memory with 3-3-3 timings from what I can guess. It's not normal DDR memory.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Its DDR2 512MB 333MHz PC2-3200.

The Pfeiffenator

Post by The Pfeiffenator »

I bought some of the exact memory for my computer. It is DDR333 which is DDR memory with 333mhz speed. It was more expensive than DDR2 surprisingly.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

The Pfeiffenator wrote:I bought some of the exact memory for my computer. It is DDR333 which is DDR memory with 333mhz speed. It was more expensive than DDR2 surprisingly.
DDR will be more expensive than DDR2, its going out of date quickly. DDR2 is the new modern day memory that you will buy with nearly every new PC. It won't be long before DDR3 dominates the market.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

The Pfeiffenator wrote:I bought some of the exact memory for my computer. It is DDR333 which is DDR memory with 333mhz speed. It was more expensive than DDR2 surprisingly.
That doesn't surprise me, DDR2 prices have gone through the floor with pretty much anything else being more expensive.

The Pfeiffenator

Post by The Pfeiffenator »

Andy wrote:
DDR will be more expensive than DDR2, its going out of date quickly. DDR2 is the new modern day memory that you will buy with nearly every new PC. It won't be long before DDR3 dominates the market.
Well DDR3 is still way to expensive and it is not even much better than DDR2, so i wont be switching soon.