IP updater?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Gnome
Staff

IP updater?

Post by Gnome »

Is there any script that can update the IP on http://sfsbeta.co.nr/ like where its hosted?
as he runs a server on me but i don't have a static IP so could there be a script made to get and renew the IP on the site?
(Sounds confusing i know)

Leon
Donator

Post by Leon »

If you got a good enough router, you can use dyndns and your router should be able to update it (thats what mine does)

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

No it cant use anything like that,
Has to be the actually IP

Leon
Donator

Post by Leon »

It would be the actual ip, since your router would update it when the IP changes...

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

Thats what im saying
when a new ip comes is there a script to update the IP on his site?

teriaki 511
FTP Access

Post by teriaki 511 »

sorry, i only know of is for dyndns, "dyndns updater", ill search around and see if i cant dig anything up...

EDIT: i read your hoster thing's FAQ, it sounds like there's something in your account that can do the trick:
What is Dynamic IP support?

This feature is for those who would like to run a webserver from their home computer, but unfortunately, have a dynamic IP address.
thats all it gave me, i dont have an acount there, so i cant check further...

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

With a bit of ingenuity, you could code up a batch file that uses cURL or Wget to send updates to the site ... though you'll need to look at how the form works on their site and write wget/cURL commands that will send the expected data. If you're doing it this way you need to get your downloader to keep its cookies in a file, so you stay logged in. Look up the docs for wget/cURL, it should be not too difficult...
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

expert01
FTP Access

Post by expert01 »

EveryDNS.net. If you point the name servers on his domain to that address, you can set the perl script up on the server to update it with your IP address. I use it for all my domains.