Which Longhorn builds have spinning icons and pictures?

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
squidward_
FTP Access

Which Longhorn builds have spinning icons and pictures?

Post by squidward_ »

Hi people, I was just wondering, does anyone know which Longhorn build have a thing in Windows Explorer, where it shows something like the My Music, for example, there would be the music icon, then when you select one of your albums, the music picture would spin round and turn into the albumart for the album you have selected, please? Thankyou.

Namronia

Re: Which Longhorn builds have spinning icons and pictures?

Post by Namronia »

squidward_ wrote:Hi people, I was just wondering, does anyone know which Longhorn build have a thing in Windows Explorer, where it shows something like the My Music, for example, there would be the music icon, then when you select one of your albums, the music picture would spin round and turn into the albumart for the album you have selected, please? Thankyou.
Afaik it was 4028 and 4039, isnt that right?

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

I think none of the longhorn builds have that. What u maybe saw on some screenshots was thier concept.

viper
VIP

Post by viper »

4074 had the spinning & rotating around the desktop (Aero) Stars, is that what you ment?
see below

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

no he means this

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

I think he is talking about this concept:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9ifQvQCO7Y&re ... ram><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/b9ifQvQCO7Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

There never was a longhorn build like this

AviK
FTP Access

Post by AviK »

yep, he is talking about that.

i think it would be nice if someone created such things for vista, or maybe microsoft will add these old ideas in windows 7

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

Oh, that, sorry then, but there were no real Builds like that...

squidward_
FTP Access

Post by squidward_ »

Well, thankyou for the reply!

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

If only microsoft had kept to their concept idea, then maybe i wouldn't be running linux and i'd be running windows . The concept looks so much better than the finished product.
The better candies are in the cage

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

kichimi wrote:If only microsoft had kept to their concept idea, then maybe i wouldn't be running linux and i'd be running windows . The concept looks so much better than the finished product.
Yeah, these concepts are great, it's a shame that so much wasn't implemented in Vista...

KCLiVES
Donator

Post by KCLiVES »

D.Konieczny wrote:
kichimi wrote:If only microsoft had kept to their concept idea, then maybe i wouldn't be running linux and i'd be running windows . The concept looks so much better than the finished product.
Yeah, these concepts are great, it's a shame that so much wasn't implemented in Vista...
I've found a lot of concepts end up like that