Windows Vista SP1 RTM From WU

New news and release discussion.
SaT
FTP Access
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Canada

Windows Vista SP1 RTM From WU

Post by SaT »

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM is available to testers through Windows Update. Experience the WU installation path for Windows Vista SP1 by following 4 simple steps in the attached document and give us your feedback to improve our quality.



Windows Vista SP1 distributed through Windows Update will be applicable to Windows Vista machines that are running English, German, Japanese, French, and Spanish.



If you already installed the Service Pack to your machine by using the standalone package, you must uninstall RC before you can be offered SP1 through WU


and also:

Reminder:

You must accept the enclosed License Terms in order to use this software. You cannot distribute download packages.



Title Windows Vista SP1 RTM Standalone ISO for x86 and x64 Five Languages
Release Date 2/6/2008
Size 1,161.72 MB
Version 18000.080118-1840
Category Build
Milestone RTM
Description 0xAC9DC48A 6001.18000.080118-1840_iso_client_sp_wave0-FRMCSP0_DVD.iso
Image

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

I am somewhat sceptible about this.
1) Why would there only be 5 languages as RTM?
2) And isnt that build number the one from the some torrents?

SaT
FTP Access
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by SaT »

DjRob wrote:I am somewhat sceptible about this.
1) Why would there only be 5 languages as RTM?
2) And isnt that build number the one from the some torrents?
the build i guess so i dont use torrents
and why the 5 lang only
well
Microsoft only makes the most common used langs
all the orthers take more time bcoz they pay another company to translate to all the others
Image

Derf
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 3937
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm
Contact:

Post by Derf »

DjRob wrote:I am somewhat sceptible about this.
1) Why would there only be 5 languages as RTM?
2) And isnt that build number the one from the some torrents?
No need to be skeptical - it's appeared on my Connect as well. Confirmed as real - well done.

Does anyone know if the .8000 build was the one that ended up really being RTM?

Jeff
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1004
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:06 pm
Location: USA

Post by Jeff »

Can someone upload the entire ISO and the standalone installer to BA?
-Jeff

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Jeff wrote:Can someone upload the entire ISO and the standalone installer to BA?
Its exactly the same as the 18000 Build, labelled beta, which the x86 installer is on there, and the x64 is waiting to be moved

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

I have got an e-mail today with this line in it:
Zowel Windows Server 2008 Release to Manufacturing (RTM) en Vista Service Pack 1 zijn te downloaden voor MSDN en TechNet Plus subscribers.
It says that windows server 2008 RTM and Vista SP1 are downloadable for MSDN and TechNet Plus subscribers.
So that 18000 build is confirmed (for me) and is this on the server?
Otherwise we can expect is soon.

SaT
FTP Access
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:44 pm
Location: Canada

Post by SaT »

http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/Vist ... p0_dvd.img

Get the Vista Sp1 ISO from that link


Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is now available for download. Windows Vista SP1 will deliver improvements and enhancements to existing features that significantly impact customers, but it does not deliver substantial new operating system features.

Download Windows Vista SP1 here. The download contains Window Vista SP1 for five languages: English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish. Note Additional languages will be available soon.

Once you download the Windows Vista SP1 package, you will need to extract the appropriate .exe file for the language you wish to install.
Image

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

SaT wrote:http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/Vist ... p0_dvd.img

Get the Vista Sp1 ISO from that link


Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is now available for download. Windows Vista SP1 will deliver improvements and enhancements to existing features that significantly impact customers, but it does not deliver substantial new operating system features.

Download Windows Vista SP1 here. The download contains Window Vista SP1 for five languages: English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish. Note Additional languages will be available soon.

Once you download the Windows Vista SP1 package, you will need to extract the appropriate .exe file for the language you wish to install.
Nice link, but login?

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

DjRob wrote:
SaT wrote:http://oem.microsoft.com/downloads/Vist ... p0_dvd.img

Get the Vista Sp1 ISO from that link


Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) is now available for download. Windows Vista SP1 will deliver improvements and enhancements to existing features that significantly impact customers, but it does not deliver substantial new operating system features.

Download Windows Vista SP1 here. The download contains Window Vista SP1 for five languages: English, French, German, Japanese, and Spanish. Note Additional languages will be available soon.

Once you download the Windows Vista SP1 package, you will need to extract the appropriate .exe file for the language you wish to install.
Nice link, but login?
You have to be a MS Partner, otherwise you can't login with your Live ID.

Luckie
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Germany

Post by Luckie »

the DL was taken off, because the leak was leaked at the beginning of this week
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

Luckie wrote:the DL was taken off, because the leak was leaked at the beginning of this week
I'm downloading it now the download is still online

Image

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

D.Konieczny wrote:
Luckie wrote:the DL was taken off, because the leak was leaked at the beginning of this week
I'm downloading it now the download is still online

Image
Its just an ISO containing the x86 and x64 standalone installers, rather than an integrated ISO like you might think

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

hounsell wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:
Luckie wrote:the DL was taken off, because the leak was leaked at the beginning of this week
I'm downloading it now the download is still online

Image
Its just an ISO containing the x86 and x64 standalone installers, rather than an integrated ISO like you might think
Damn!

Luckie
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Germany

Post by Luckie »

yesterday it was off.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

I see the x64 on the server.

Can someone upload the x86 please.

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

Anyone?

I think most people have an x86 pc i know i do, so anyone can upload the x86 installer?
Maybe only the english?

Luckie
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 1115
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:03 am
Location: Germany

Post by Luckie »

sorry, I'M at dialp up right now.

Register at torrents.ru, there is a torrent for the ISO with both installers.
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

I'll upload the Installer

Rob Jansen
User avatar
Donator
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat May 12, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: The Collection Book
Contact:

Post by Rob Jansen »

D.Konieczny wrote:I'll upload the Installer
Ty

EDIT:
Just download the
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 x64 DVD en de es fr ja X14-38128.iso
Thank you for uploading the Vista SP1 DVD.

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

Upload finished. The filename is "Windows Vista SP1 RTM Installer x86.exe".

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12623
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

D.Konieczny wrote:Upload finished. The filename is "Windows Vista SP1 RTM Installer x86.exe".
Windows Vista SP1 RTM x64 5 lang.exe and
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 x64 DVD en de es fr ja X14-38128.iso

has already been uploaded earlier this week...

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

Andy wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:Upload finished. The filename is "Windows Vista SP1 RTM Installer x86.exe".
Windows Vista SP1 RTM x64 5 lang.exe and
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 x64 DVD en de es fr ja X14-38128.iso

has already been uploaded earlier this week...
But not the 32-bit standalone installer

Andy
User avatar
Administrator
Posts: 12623
Joined: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:47 am
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Post by Andy »

D.Konieczny wrote:
Andy wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:Upload finished. The filename is "Windows Vista SP1 RTM Installer x86.exe".
Windows Vista SP1 RTM x64 5 lang.exe and
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 x64 DVD en de es fr ja X14-38128.iso

has already been uploaded earlier this week...
But not the 32-bit standalone installer
The standalone installer is inside the DVD iso.

Daniel
User avatar
Posts: 2607
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Germany, Earth
Contact:

Post by Daniel »

Andy wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:
Andy wrote:
D.Konieczny wrote:Upload finished. The filename is "Windows Vista SP1 RTM Installer x86.exe".
Windows Vista SP1 RTM x64 5 lang.exe and
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 RTM x86 x64 DVD en de es fr ja X14-38128.iso

has already been uploaded earlier this week...
But not the 32-bit standalone installer
The standalone installer is inside the DVD iso.
But who needs the whole dvd

Locked