BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 100d, 19h, 14m | CPU: 52% | MEM: 6464MB of 12287MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:33 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OS 7
the man cave

yes the video card went bad .... on black Friday :OD

If you can't prove it didn't happen then it must be true and you are probably part of the cover-up.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:27 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Warp 4 (14.098b_W4)
Here's the rest of my desk. I can't get back far enough to take a full shot, I run into the wall.

First I would like to point out that the wall isn't actually that dirty, the camera makes it look a _lot_ worse than it really is, I can barely see it sitting at my desk.

And the far right (my stereo):

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:06 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Well, my desk has got a bit of a new addition that I'm typing this on. A Dell Optiplex GX280. Here's some pictures made by my horrible 3DS camera. (Hey, at least the filesizes are small.)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:53 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Here we are:

Free credit for cloud instances with runabove (code 'power8')

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:03 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
Windows 10 Pro x64
Tri-monitor setup:

I-i-it's n-not as if I wanted to ban you or anything. B-baka. (「・ω・)「

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:23 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.5.8
This is what my desk setup looks like:

And the three towers underneath the desk (The left one is just a case ATM):

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
anything unix-like
Waiting for updates in my VM... 8-)
Right To Left:
Macintosh Quadra 610 (I'm gonna install A/UX on it when I get the chance)
PowerMac 9600/300 (behind the quadra & monitor)
Screen for my Hackintosh
MacBook Pro
Hackintosh (under the desk)
Lettera 22 Typewriter (in it's case, above the beatles poster)

and yet I still feel like I could use a few more macs.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm 
Donator

Here it is my desk again, with some updates. :D

From left to right:

My new PC (Core i5 4670 - 3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, MSI GAMING 270X 2GB OC), I use it with Windows 8.1 and OS X Mavericks;
Xbox 360, 250GB HDD;
iPod touch 4th generation, 8GB;
External 500GB HDD with USB 3;
Below the desk, a Power Macintosh G3 B&W (PowerPC 750 - 350MHz, 256MB RAM, 160GB and 40GB HDD, ATI Rage 128 - 16MB) with Mac OS 8.6 (from original restore media), 9.2.2, 10.1 and 10.4.11;
Samsung T24A550 LED monitor;
Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000;
iPad 4th generation, 16GB.

Here is "About This Mac"

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:19 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows XP Media Edition
Can't post images: http://i.imgur.com/amYgJij.jpg.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:14 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler
"Desk", unknown word to me :P

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:50 am 
Staff

Favourite OS
MacOS 9.2.2
Under the desk view, my PC, and my subwoofer.

My primary desk; with my new Chroma keyboard, my iMac, and my 1920x1080 monitor; along with other [censored], including my new copy of Pokemon OmegaRuby (woohoo!)

My PC monitor, me watching adiblasi's videos as I like to do from time to time (he's a funny guy).

My iMac's desktop; currently doing nothing, today it's had a Server 2003 VM running on it, but it's inactive atm.

My 1TB Western Digital external hard disk connected via USB 2.0 to my iMac. (sorry that it's sideways!)

My TV area -- including my Xbox 360 and cable box; as well as my family's router.

My *other* desk; including my "learning German" book, one speaker, my stereo system, my Macintosh IIsi, etcetera.

Romulus, who doesn't work (I think it's an issue with the PRAM battery), gets a close up. Smile, you old man.

Old Mac keyboard and mouse set -- got this for $26 (egh.)

My Xbox original which I netted from a flea market for $10 some time ago.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OltScript System
James wrote:
Romulus, who doesn't work (I think it's an issue with the PRAM battery), gets a close up. Smile, you old man.

Heee, I have the same at home, but I unfortunately have no screen which goes with, and I have it for 2 years..... :$

Then, I also have a Macintosh Classic II and Macintosh IIvi who misses the hard disk and the reader diskette!
Her fact for a long time that I did not try the Macintosh Classic II...

And the same mouse and keyboard!
I have several keyboards of different type but always of Apple !!! :)

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:09 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 6.2
Haven't posted here in a while.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:32 pm 
Donator

What a mess.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:04 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS X 10.5.8
My computer room and game room have merged months ago and haven't showed the new setup until now

Desktop setup (Under the desk is still the same)

Laptop setup

TV Setup (Originally there was a DVD Player/VCR underneath the cable box but that stopped working recently, But will be replaced soon)

My consoles

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
This is os2fan2's desk.

There's a laser printer, and monitor on either side of the main iron. On top of the main iron is an IBM Thinkpad T40 and an IBM usb keyboard. On the right is a EEEPC (early model). The pic was taken with a surface pro.

The main iron is supposed to be multi-boot, with Windows 2000, XP and XP64 on it, but only 2000 works. It has 2 one-terabyte diskettes in them. It's basically a home-brew.

In front of the monitor is a torch (yellow and black) and a clock-timer (white).

The library-kin to the right consists of current reading mater: electromagnetism, latex and some books on the history of language.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Whistler

Not really a Desk, Laptop is always on my lap in bed.

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:28 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0

Yep, A custom build, a G5, and A Dimension XPS 3.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:03 am 
Donator

Just did some organizing, although I still need to vacuum ;)

I've got various vintage systems around, but these two machines are where I spend most of my free time. On the left is my modern custom box: an i7 4790k build crammed into a prototype XBox case.. not ideal for ventilation, but I wasn't going to let an empty ADK case go to waste :) In the year it's been since I built this setup, I still haven't bit the bullet and gotten a decent GPU for it, so I'm currently on Intel graphics until I finally upgrade.. which sucks when you're driving a 4k screen :p

On the right is my tweener/vintage(ish) gaming build. It's got dual 1.4GHz PIII Tualatins, 2 GB of ram, a GeForce FX 5950 Ultra, and a terabyte of storage space, but honestly my favorite component of this thing is the front panel with it's 7 segment frequency display.. Reminds me of 386/486 towers that often had the same thing :) This thing is a beast, it performs outstandingly for it's age. I'm considering upgrading the RAM to the max 4 GB the board supports, but Windows 2000 wouldn't even be able to use it all. I've also been considering splitting the hard disk into two 500GB partitions and installing Whistler 2416 or 2419, but I'm undecided as I normally wouldn't install a beta OS on hardware I use frequently.

The monitor to the left is my 4k screen, which I only use with my modern build. The one in the center is accessible to both computers, and the CRT is obviously just for the old box. The keyboard on the left is my beloved Model F. I have never used another keyboard that can even begin to compare to this iron beast of buckling spring goodness. To the right of that is the old PC's keyboard. It's fairly decent, an NMB hi-tek model. I've considered a KVM switch so I could just use the F122, but as much as I love it's clicky-ness it's nice to take an occasional break and use the NMB keyboard. Down below is my scanner, which I've used for hundreds of uploads. I've got a love/hate relationship with that thing, when it works properly it's great, but it doesn't always want to work properly :p

Well that's my setup. Sorry for the poor image quality, my phone's camera isn't exactly the best :p

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:40 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Amiga OS3, LH 4074 DWM
You may post video of capability of your P3 computer in actual games n.n

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:50 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Chad Edition/macOS Chad
Going to buy a laptop stand within the next few days

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:56 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
OltScript System
Ohohohoh, glass, bottom, is not far from falling, especially if you have the mouse and hand, right !!! :mrgreen: *hehe*

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:38 pm 
FTP Access

My gaming build is on the left, along with my 4K monitor, keyboard and trackball, along with some other stuff. On the right is my beloved jailbroken PS3 :P

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:00 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows NT 6.2
My late 2015 update.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: Social: What does your desk look like?        Posted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:41 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Chad Edition/macOS Chad
Nice MDD beanboy89.
Looks like a tidy setup for all the PCs!

My new deskie is delayed while I still plan to obtain a laptop stand and while I wait for my new 12U rack on wheels to arrive to try and house some of the LAN party gear. At the moment it's a mess and I need a better cable management strategy.

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 621 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next