BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 2h, 16m | CPU: 22% | MEM: 4730MB of 10693MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:38 pm 
Administrator

878625670 wrote:
In my opinion, it's a beta. The license in the iso says "PRE-RELEASE" and the watermark on the desktop also told us it's a beta. According to the label of the iso "IR3", it should be Refresh 3 Beta. Also, there're some builds after 9600.16596, so it IS a beta.

It may be a beta, but the question is, can it be used to activate it and run as RTM without timebombs? We don't promote warez on this site, or software that can be changed to become warez. That's why I ask. If this build is rigged in such a way that it can't be activated and that it has an expiration date then it's fine, as it can't be updated to RTM. What you do with the ISO after you grab it here is none of our concerns, but we won't "pre-modify" the ISOs to allow you to run it as a pirate RTM copy, with or without updates.

So can it be permanently activated using RTM keys?

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:07 pm 
Donator

Yes it can. Also activating with KMS servers is possible.

Windows Defender for great justice! Bugs are an international trading company. I need to defeat the anti-debugging and obfuscation methods. It wasn't for Intel's absurd ability to load in ie6. Why even waste time with people in an envelope?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:16 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
All Microsoft operating systems!
mrpijey wrote:
878625670 wrote:
In my opinion, it's a beta. The license in the iso says "PRE-RELEASE" and the watermark on the desktop also told us it's a beta. According to the label of the iso "IR3", it should be Refresh 3 Beta. Also, there're some builds after 9600.16596, so it IS a beta.

It may be a beta, but the question is, can it be used to activate it and run as RTM without timebombs? We don't promote warez on this site, or software that can be changed to become warez. That's why I ask. If this build is rigged in such a way that it can't be activated and that it has an expiration date then it's fine, as it can't be updated to RTM. What you do with the ISO after you grab it here is none of our concerns, but we won't "pre-modify" the ISOs to allow you to run it as a pirate RTM copy, with or without updates.

So can it be permanently activated using RTM keys?
Would there be a way to modify it so that it can't be activated with new product keys?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:22 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Here's the big question. Is there a timebomb?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:36 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
giantsteen wrote:
Here's the big question. Is there a timebomb?

There is a ton of winver pics. Conclusion: No.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 pm 
Administrator

Well, I've put it on BA, but it comes without two files that doesn't belong in the ISO , the ei.cfg, and the winclub.pl.url file that definately doesn't belong there.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:50 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 6.3 (9600)
I have ran it in a VM, and you can use your current product key for Windows 8 or 8.1 and it will work. However, with mine it says it has exceeded its usage limit, but it could be different with yours.

mrpijey wrote:
Well, I've put it on BA, but it comes without two files that doesn't belong in the ISO , the ei.cfg, and the winclub.pl.url file that definately doesn't belong there.

What do you mean by BA (sorry for being such a noob :P), as if you mean the FTP, I cannot see it on there at all.

RhysRahPC RhysRahPC RhysRahPC RhysRahPC RhysRahPC RhysRahPC RhysRahPC

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:01 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
950, 3718, 6002, 7989, 9200
BA means BetaArchive, and yes, this release is not in our ftp (yet).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:05 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows Neptune Build 5111
RhysRahPC wrote:
What do you mean by BA (sorry for being such a noob :P), as if you mean the FTP, I cannot see it on there at all.

oh i dont know does Beta Archive ring a bell ?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:38 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 6.3 (9600)
I knew what it meant by BA xD, but I meant if he could be using that as a way to say that he uploaded it to the FTP. Sorry for the lame assumption.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:12 pm 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows 7 ultimate SP1
Here's a video highlighting most of the chanhes in this build...

(To those of you who were subscribed to my old channel, it's gone, but here's my new channel ;) )

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:12 pm 
Administrator

Blackvista wrote:
BA means BetaArchive, and yes, this release is not in our ftp (yet).

Um, yes it is.

RhysRahPC wrote:
I knew what it meant by BA xD, but I meant if he could be using that as a way to say that he uploaded it to the FTP. Sorry for the lame assumption.

The only way to put files on BA is on the FTP :).

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:00 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
Windows Longhorn Build 4074
I'm loving these new features of the build. Windows 8 is expanding and only continues to get better.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [LEAK] Windows 8.1 Pro Update 1 Pre-Release        Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:56 pm 
Administrator

ISO confirmed to be modified beyond ei.cfg, please refer to this link instead for the re-leak of the more proper (not original though) ISO!

Top  Profile  WWW
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2