What browser do you prefer?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

What browser do you prefer?

Opera
21%
Internet Explorer
9%
Firefox
59%
Safari/Konqueror
3%
Camino/K-Meleon/Flock/etc
6%
NetPositive
No votes
SeaMonkey/Netscape
No votes
Maxthon/Avant/etc
No votes
OmniWeb
No votes
Other
3%

Total votes: 34

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Frozenport wrote:I feel sorry for the 60% who choose Firefox... They think they are safe
Safe from what? Hackers and stuff, you mean? I actually think you're pretty safe with any browser - unless you go to really dodgy websites or click "yes" to everything, you're very unlikely to get hacked, malware/viruses installed etc.

prx984
FTP Access

Post by prx984 »

internet explorer/fire fox for me

I really prefer IE 6 to IE 7 because of the look of it, I don't like the look of IE 7 because of how Vista-y it looks. Its really... tacky imo.

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

I also use FireFox

I love this browser and I use FireFox since version 0.4 as it was named Phoenix
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

I'll pretty much use anything, Firefox, Opera, Recent IE Binaries (6x) Netscape (recent) lynx, Dillo, basically anything that will render forums and stuff.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

safari is the best in my opinion, everything else runs slow on my ibook

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Yes, Firefox and Camino tend to be memory hogs on OS X. By the way: Do you have a G3 or G4?

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

I hav a last revision iBook. G4/1.33GhZ/512mb/40g, and firefox is really wierd on this computer. I hope to get a macbook, but i will when office becomes universal or openoffice becomes native, or if NeoOffice becomes faster, lol. all productivity with me

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I use Firefox on a G4 with 1024MB RAM and it's fine, although it hogs the memory and gets slow sometimes, especially if there are many windows open.
NeoOffice 2.0 Aqua Beta 3 runs absolutely fine on my MacBook, although it does need quite a long time to start up. It works better than the non-Universal MS Office X, though. Anyway, I like NeoOffice more than OpenOffice.org on Mac OS X because I do not want to run X11 all the time if there's another option.

dajar

Post by dajar »

Opera is my favourite. I mostly use it. Though I don't like the performance of Opera on Mac OS X. I prefer to use Camino while I use my Mac.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Agreed, Opera isn't that fast on a (PowerPC) Mac. I haven't tried it on my Intel Mac, yet.

wrm

Post by wrm »

i use Firefox with Fasterfox and any plugins and IE 7 !

skeets
FTP Access

Post by skeets »

i used firefox for the longest time...and then jumped to Opera and messed with it and then when i got a new Mac i started to use Safari because Opera was acting up and Firefox is so-so on the Mac side...but then Firefox 2.0 came out and i haven't used any other since...

glbanksitter
FTP Access

Post by glbanksitter »

I'm using Firefox right at the moment, but I read an interesting piece in a magazine (I can't think of the name it right off the top of my head at 5 AM) saying that Firefox is becoming more of a target than IE.