Info on Windows Whistler Beta1

Discuss Windows 2000, NT, XP and Windows Server 2000, 2003, SBS 2003.
maxvk

Info on Windows Whistler Beta1

Post by maxvk »

Hey guys i'm new in this community and I have a question about Windows Whistler Beta1.

Do any of you guys know if it is a bit stable cus after reading tru some old pc magazines i would really want to give it a shot. Because at the time of release (or leaking) of this build, I didn't have a DSL line to download it.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Yep, from my experience its stable, but i think that was the case with all whistlers

I guess its because the changes werent huge, and it was added features that slowly expanded

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Hmm, for me, the user experience depended on the system. On one of mine, it was very stable (as you'd expect it from something that was basically Windows 2000), on the other system, I had frequent application crashes as in "... performed an illegal operation" and such.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Isn't Firefox a problem app with Whistler?
Thats what I understand anyway...

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

hounsell wrote:Isn't Firefox a problem app with Whistler?
Thats what I understand anyway...
If that was directed at me, I didn't even have any apps installed, the ones bundled with Whistler were constantly crashing. Funny thing was when an app crashed and Dr. Watson started only to crash as well...

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

empireum wrote:Funny thing was when an app crashed and Dr. Watson started only to crash as well...
That seems to happen on normal XP as well I always kill Watson completely by deleting its regkey, it doesn't seem to serve any purpose and half the time when an app crashes it just makes the PC thrash away for a bit before saying Watson has crashed too.

betaluva
Donator

Post by betaluva »

i used to run whistler build 2410 on a spare pc,it ran ok, but i couldnt get many apps to install.

maxvk

Post by maxvk »

Hey guys, thanks for the reply's, sorry that i didn't reply until now, but f*cking windows live hotmail filtred BETAARCHIVE emails into my spambox Anyway, i have another question, can anyone tell me where I can download this build or am I not allowed to ask that because of forum rules??

Max

KenOath

Post by KenOath »

maxvk wrote:Hey guys, thanks for the reply's, sorry that i didn't reply until now, but f*cking windows live hotmail filtred BETAARCHIVE emails into my spambox Max
I had that same problem when I upgraded to live, I changed my
address here & never got the re-confirmation email...
maxvk wrote: Anyway, i have another question, can anyone tell me where I can download this build or am I not allowed to ask that because of forum rules??

Max
You can download it from here if you hang around for long enough &
join in on the conversations...

maxvk

Post by maxvk »

Okay well that sounds good to me, cus I was already wanted to join conversations here on the fora. Thanks for your feedback anyway!

Max

NovemberSky

Post by NovemberSky »

I want to download whistler 2296, so I enter some imformation,excuse me! sorry

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Please do not post in old topics with irrelevant information.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"