Windows Chicago

Discuss Windows 95, 98 and ME.
Chicago
FTP Access

Windows Chicago

Post by Chicago »

Recently, I got a copy of Windows Chicago Build 58. I was amazed with some screenshots online, so decided to find it.
I found it and intalled it on a computer for its own.
I used it as my system to take notes, surf, networking, and so.
It's something really amazing!
Then I found Build 73. The amazing thing is that I LOOOVE the interface (instead of the start button), And I've been using for about 2 months almost as my primary system, and it's quite amazing!
I would like to know in which build they dropped this menu. On build 81, It's gone.
Thanks!

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

i think it was 81, ok, perhaps earlier, but this build wasnt leaked, perhaps ken0ath knows iit, hes got as good as all betas and alphas

Chicago
FTP Access

Post by Chicago »

Thanks!!
Well, It's just that I think that those three buttons at the bottom of the screen were really usefull.
So bad they were taken out!

willowhaven

Post by willowhaven »

Which OS did Chicago end up being?

Kenneth
Donator

Post by Kenneth »

Useless Bump. Please read the rules.
Which OS did Chicago end up being?
Windows 95

willowhaven

Post by willowhaven »

I wasn't trying to bump for the sake of bumping...this was an honest question. I am sorry if this was "against the rules". I will try harder in the future I guess...

rififi
FTP Access

Post by rififi »

In the future, first take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_codenames

willowhaven

Post by willowhaven »

Thank you for the link. I didn't know that Wiki was there. I didn't really start paying attention to the betas until Whistler, as until that time I really didn't worry too much about software above the fact that it allowed me to run a word processor. LOL Now that I do web design and graphic design on a daily basis I am much more worried about what my OS has to offer me.

Rob Jansen
Donator

Post by Rob Jansen »

Try the search function on wikipedia!

I you didnt know that, you dint know that wikipedia was there.

ikki-kun

Post by ikki-kun »

do someone have all chicago versions serials?

zdanee
FTP Access

Post by zdanee »

Early builds dont need serials, and you can find some in the sticky "Beta serials" topic for the later ones.
rm -R *