BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 22d, 17h, 2m | CPU: 51% | MEM: 5733MB of 10453MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Forum rules

Please read the following rules before posting a download request in this area:

1. Don't post a request if you have under 10 posts as stated on the front page. If you do anyway, it will be deleted without further notice. This also applies to other members: If you see a request by someone with less than 10 posts and it hasn't been deleted yet, please don't reply to it.
2. Don't request for warez or any copyrighted software. Only betas (no matter how old or new) and finals of operating systems and applications that are at least 10 years old and therefore classified as abandonware are allowed to be uploaded to and shared on the BetaArchive FTP server.
3. If you have your own FTP server where you'd like other members to upload what you're looking for to, please don't post its login details in any open forum as that will probably lead to abuse. Post the login details in the Private Servers section instead.
4. Check that we don't already have the file on our FTP servers. If you don't have access to the FTP servers then ask someone who has (a moderator for example).

PostPost subject: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:50 pm 
Donator

We have MS-DOS 7.1 floppy version on the FTP, but only the installation disks - the add-ons disk is missing. I need it so if someone has it please share. ;)

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:53 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
i have it somewhere.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:41 pm 
Donator

Could you please upload it somewhere?

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Win95C & Win98SE
Don't think I've ever heard of this disk, but it sounds interesting.

For the record here is a link to the MS-DOS 6.22 Supplemental Disk, I don't know if this has been included somewhere on the FTP or not.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/117600
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... sup622.exe

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:52 am 
FTP Access

Favourite OS
whistler2296
I have also been looking for this add-on disk, as noticed an option of "install add-ons" when installing MS-DOS 7.1, though the CD version includes the content of add-ons. So I think the add-on disk(s?) should be somewhere else but just could not find.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:39 pm 
Donator

LoneCrusader wrote:

For the record here is a link to the MS-DOS 6.22 Supplemental Disk, I don't know if this has been included somewhere on the FTP or not.

During the installation, you are asked if you want to install "Add-ons" (checkdsk, smartdrv, antivirus, ...), which are located on the disc I'm looking for. You can skip the add-ons if you want, but I'd like to test them out myself... I found the complete disk set on the web some time ago but lost the link. Now all I find are ISO images of questionable quality... :(

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Anything checked :P
Correction: I used to have it, but I can't find it any more :/

It contained a customised Windows 3.x, and a bare minimum Windows 98 installation.

I however do have at least two copies of the MS-DOS 7.1 installation ISO, which includes many addons..
...and somewhere I have a burnt CD of MS-DOS 7.1 with the addons that I mentioned above, if I remember correctly.

Glitch City Laboratories ForumsSoftHistory Forumsirc.rol.im #softhistory,#galaxy

If you like my posts, donate me Dogecoin: DLnZV8DS3CaZmLKAVxL2aMijY2vUZeyjBi

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:33 am 
Administrator

DeFacto wrote:
We have MS-DOS 7.1 floppy version on the FTP, but only the installation disks - the add-ons disk is missing. I need it so if someone has it please share. ;)

Considering that neither MS-DOS 7.0 or 7.1 was officially ever released as a standalone product I doubt there is a supplementary disk for them. I don't even think we should have 7.1 on the FTP as it's not official and just a mere custom compilation put together into a working installer.

LoneCrusader wrote:

It's already included in the abandonware set.

Listings: BetaArchive Database (beta)
Channels: Discord :: Twitter

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:05 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
Isn't that Disk 2?

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:30 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
The version of DOS referred to here is Weniger's MS-DOS 7.1.

This is not an extract of ms-dos from Windows 98 or 98se. It has some files from 98fe (build 1999), with a good deal of alternate files. It's more an implementation of a modern DOS (for recent computers) then a heritage DOS.

The russian project of MS-DOS 8.0 is far more authentic as this goes. It actually uses microsoft-only software, but adds a number of diverse utilities from different places. Not-withstanding, it looks like something that MSFT could had released.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:40 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
Windows 98 SE 4.10.2222B
os2fan2 wrote:
The version of DOS referred to here is Weniger's MS-DOS 7.1.

This is not an extract of ms-dos from Windows 98 or 98se. It has some files from 98fe (build 1999), with a good deal of alternate files. It's more an implementation of a modern DOS (for recent computers) then a heritage DOS.

The russian project of MS-DOS 8.0 is far more authentic as this goes. It actually uses microsoft-only software, but adds a number of diverse utilities from different places. Not-withstanding, it looks like something that MSFT could had released.

Not alternate, they're just from the Simplified Chinese version of Windows 98 as opposed to the English version (and yes the files there are mostly in English, just with different file sizes).

Check out our SoftHistory Forum for quality discussion about older software.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:03 am 
Donator

Favourite OS
OS/2 Wrp 3.0
I collect a large number of DOS versions, mostly english, although i do keep german and french sets, and some versions from the further points. These all have particular points in the 'review table', because there is a lot of cross-comparison between these.

The version the title refers to is a package by Weniger and Roy through "China DOS Union", and is listed in the catalogue as 'ChinaDOS'. It is an interesting package, in that it brings a good number of interesting utilities together, and has some interesting configuration files. My standard Win9x file is based on the file in this version. There's a package of MS-DOS addins that you can replicate MS-DOS 7.1 or MS-DOS 8.0 from your own CD-ROM.

It's hardly a pure MS-DOS 7.1, though. It's more a mix of external utilities, from MS-DOS, PC-DOS, ROMDOS, and a number of freeware utilities. It's certianly boots to 'MS-DOS 7.1', but it's like booting that DOS and running NU on top of it.

I did do a version of MS-DOS 7.1 (review point 2400), which is a composite of the standard and additional utilities from Windows 9x. Unlike the ChinaDOS version, this one is essentially, the MS-DOS 7.1 extracted from Windows 98, along with a number of finds and updates. The DOS is not all that fancy, but it is at least what MS-DOS would have looked like. A project had been started to doing an SI install over a different version of Windows, to test various theories there. Matching this version is MS-DOS 6.3, which started off as a generic 'OLDMSDOS' source, but eventually including the entire DOS.

A similar project at trying to keep to MS-DOS stuff is the Russian MSDOS8 project. This keeps the basic notion that MS-DOS should be as the label says, but run as a standalone. From what i have seen of it, it's quite a good attempt at it. One thing to look for is my help system and qbasic (which has various patches in it, including the Phatcode patch for the floppy-disk seek.) I'm not sure if qbasic in this form is there, but at the help is the first GA version.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:29 am 
FTP Access

I have the full CD with addons.
http://mywindowspage.com/dos71scd.zip

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: [REQUEST] MS-DOS 7.1 Add-ons disk        Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:18 pm 

I have an ISO file of DOS 7.1 with the addons with it.

Top  Profile