BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Screenshots Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 23d, 14h, 47m | CPU: 30% | MEM: 5595MB of 12227MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

PostPost subject: Need infos about Odyssey and Neptune        Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:16 am 
hi, i need all informations about windows neptune and specially Odyssey youve got. (i know it sounds silly, but its important to me :) )

thanks 8)

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:06 am 
Donator

Read the Wikipedia page on Windows Odyssey or Windows Neptune. Then come to us for information.

Windows Odyssey was sadly never leaked to the public. Builds of Neptune were compiled, in some cases cracked and were leaked to the internet. It, Neptune and the features of 2000 and Me ended up creating XP. Odyssey was like the pre-beta version of XP before Whistler. It was designed as a successor to Windows 2000 for the business targets whereas Neptune was designed to be a home version of Windows 2000.

That's about all I know. Find the rest for yourself.

Top  Profile
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:52 am 
mdogg wrote:
Read the Wikipedia page on Windows Odyssey or Windows Neptune. Then come to us for information.

Windows Odyssey was sadly never leaked to the public. Builds of Neptune were compiled, in some cases cracked and were leaked to the internet. It, Neptune and the features of 2000 and Me ended up creating XP. Odyssey was like the pre-beta version of XP before Whistler. It was designed as a successor to Windows 2000 for the business targets whereas Neptune was designed to be a home version of Windows 2000.

That's about all I know. Find the rest for yourself.

thanks first, thats all i know and i search at wiki too, but dont someone know more :cry:

PostPost subject:        Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:32 pm 
Donator

Favourite OS
SVR 2012R2/Win10
Try searching through google Groups for more info. I think I found a lot of speculation regarding Odyssey, but to be honest, the wikipedia article is probably closest to all we really know about it.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject:        Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:52 am 
jimmsta wrote:
Try searching through google Groups for more info. I think I found a lot of speculation regarding Odyssey, but to be honest, the wikipedia article is probably closest to all we really know about it.

thnaks, but now ive read about "Windows Detroit build 7999 Developer Release" (http://groups.google.de/group/microsoft ... 928fc80707)

ill post more infos if i find :D