[Poll] How many old computers do you have ?

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it

How many old computers do you have ?

Less than 5
49%
5-10
27%
10-20
14%
20-50
7%
more than 50
3%

Total votes: 59

atomcomputer
FTP Access

[Poll] How many old computers do you have ?

Post by atomcomputer »

Hello,
Another poll
In my situation, I've ~200 old computers. Here is a small picture of my first removal, when I need to transfer them
http://www.anotherworld.eu.org/photos/R ... 271155.JPG

In fact, I have :
~40 Apple
Apple II, IIe,IIc,128,512,SE,Classic(color,color2,classic2...),Classic,Performas,quadra,lc, powermac ...
IBM/Goupil and other old Pc's (8088/8086) : ~15/20
Z80/Amstrad/Atari/Amiga ... ~50
Unclassed (Kaypro and other old computers ... )
n
"Do the best, with the less" ;-)

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Just 2, at the moment.

tpemail
FTP Access

Post by tpemail »

Geez I really want an AppleII....

I currently have 4 computers and 3 of them could be considered "old."
2 of them were rescued from dumps...

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

Too many I have quite a few old Apple Macs, an Acorn RiscPC, some old PC laptops, an Apple Newton MessagePad, and an IBM PS/2.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:Too many I have quite a few old Apple Macs, an Acorn RiscPC, some old PC laptops, an Apple Newton MessagePad, and an IBM PS/2.
I'd really like to get a RiscPC too...

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

A school near here gave away a load of old Acorn machines on Freecycle recently - that's where it came from. Despite being a school machine, it looks as though it's almost brand new, there is not a mark on it or any yellowing Also, my dad has just scored me that free Apple Beige G3 minitower and Apple Studio Display LCD screen from his office that I mentioned a while back were a possibility Free stuff rules!

IsaacD
FTP Access

Post by IsaacD »

Only really 2.

My Sun Server, and my Powermac 5500.
Slavic Wog to the Core!

My Mark; Shall you RIP. 15/06/1960 - 11/04/2014

moonlit
FTP Access

Post by moonlit »

Alot less than I used to, sadly... I've had Acorns, numerous Amigas, Spectrums, classic IBM compatibles and Macs but all I have left now are my main machine, a couple of mobos from the PII-PIII era, my Mac Classic II and my Powerbook 140.

Man do I miss all the old kit... it's a lack of space that does it though, that and my unquenchable thirst for unscrewing anything I can take a screwdriver to

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote:A school near here gave away a load of old Acorn machines on Freecycle recently - that's where it came from. Despite being a school machine, it looks as though it's almost brand new, there is not a mark on it or any yellowing Also, my dad has just scored me that free Apple Beige G3 minitower and Apple Studio Display LCD screen from his office that I mentioned a while back were a possibility Free stuff rules!
That's great. I don't think I'll ever be lucky enough to pick up one of these for free. I mean, it doesn't have to be free, I'd be willing to pay something for it, but the price needs to be adequate. As for the Apple LCD screen, congrats, I have one as well and just love it (and I mean that the way I say it )

betamaster

Post by betamaster »

I have two. Old computer 66 mhz and 16 mb ram and Toshiba 233 mhz 64 mb ram

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

the only old one i have is a VIC-20

win98
Donator

Post by win98 »

Hp Pavilion 8201 233MHZ Pentinum with 32MB RAM at one stage it was 160MB (The old screen died so bye bye in built microphone). and it has a few mods like I took out the PCI soundcard(Which was a weird stuff all compatibile one) and put in a more compatible ISA one I found lying around. . I also have a busted Acron Risc down in the grage that after the screen died I managed to get it hooked into my tv since It had a video av port and I had a cable and I got mono sound out of it. I could never figure out why though that it was displaying in black and white even though it was colour. So it took to it with a screw driver one day when I was especially pissed off with it and accidently dropped a hammer I was using a for another job on top of its Hard Drive. (It had one but the OS was in a ROM and I never figured out how to save anything to it. because each time I tried to it errored it also would not install any extra discs that I got with it when I got it second hand. Maybe the HDD was dead you never know. Well know its in the garage waiting to be chucked out one day. I also used have had other old computers over time which ended up being used as parts becaude I no longer needed them.

Evan
FTP Access

Post by Evan »

I'd have about 10 to 15 old computers.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

atomcomputer
FTP Access

Post by atomcomputer »

Hey,
The Apple II is a nice computer. I'm looking for an Atom from Acorn, if you know where can I found one, it could be great.
I've recently found a IBM RS6000, nice PPC ^^
"Do the best, with the less" ;-)

therock247uk
Donator

Post by therock247uk »

One older Computer with Windows ME on it currently collecting dust should make it into something someday...

amrisch069

about 10

Post by amrisch069 »

i have about 10 old computers laying around, ranging from pentium pros to 754 athlon 64's, and one imac snow 600mhz. which i still use the imac, still in good shape.

hjort
FTP Access

Post by hjort »

Nice collection atomcomputer

I have around ~25 computers
My gaming machine: AST Advantage 6066d. Cyrix 66MHz 486DX. 4MB RAM. 512KB Cirrus Logic onboard graphics. Creativa Vibra 16 ISA. 520MB HDD, 3.5" FDD, 40x CD-ROM. MS-DOS 6.22/Windows 3.1

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Re: [Poll] How many old computer do you have ?

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

atomcomputer wrote:Hello,
An another pool
In my situation, I've ~200 old computers. Here is a small picture of my first removal, when I need to transfert them
... that's a big collection!

Is that a Commodore Amiga 500 box in the background .. you should do something with it, apparently it's capable of so much stuff

As for my collection, i've got about 10 old machines which I'm going to do something with eventually. I can't just let them rot away...
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

stitch
Permanently Banned

Re: [Poll] How many old computer do you have ?

Post by stitch »

atomcomputer wrote:Hello,
An another pool
In my situation, I've ~200 old computers. Here is a small picture of my first removal, when I need to transfert them

In fact, I have :
~40 Apple
Apple II, IIe,IIc,128,512,SE,Classic(color,color2,classic2...),Classic,Performas,quadra,lc, powermac ...
IBM/Goupil and other old Pc's (8088/8086) : ~15/20
Z80/Amstrad/Atari/Amiga ... ~50
Unclassed (Kaypro and other old computers ... )
n
Is that what a "car boot" sale is?

Anyway, all my systems are 600mhz or higher. And i have like 20 systems. Yes, old, but not that kind of old. Anything lower than 600mhz i trash.

compact-mac
Donator

Post by compact-mac »

5-10 PC's (and macs)
CM's Old Website
Post Tenebras Spero Lucem
Forget DNS/HTTPS or DNS/TLS, the future is DNS over Avian.

mdogg
Donator

Post by mdogg »

If you consider 500MHz or less old, I've got 4.

One of them (150MHz) is running Neptune as it's my test machine.

Second, there's another (not sure how many MHz) that doesn't work since we took some wires out and used them on an Core 2 Duo computer.

Third there's yet another (400MHz) that is currently running Windows Me. It would have been running Windows 98 if my dad hadn't given it to a friend that installed XP on it and really messed with it so it didn't boot anymore. Got to the Welcome Screen and rebooted on us. Not being able to find the Windows 98 CD, we installed Windows Me.

Fourth is the one I got from school (500MHz). Yes I got it early! My school was doing renovations and tossed out all the old stuff that they didn't need and I got the computer because I asked if I could have it earlier in the year.

GRJParker
FTP Access

Post by GRJParker »

Hrrrrmmm...
2 old Kaypros, one Pentium 60Mhz, a Mac II, and a Commodore 128. Unless you only count working ones, then scratch off the Mac II. So, 4-5. I would have more, but I just threw out 2 AMD K6's, and a Pentium 133Mhz.

HakerPL
FTP Access

Post by HakerPL »

I've got 4 "old" computers - Celeron 533, Pentium I, 2 x 486DX2. And I've got one newer computer which I don't use, it's Athlon 1700+

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

3 old comuters here: Macintosh Performa 630, Pentium I 120 MMX and Schneider CPC 6128

intellivision
FTP Access

Post by intellivision »

Dam, I only got the one. Its a netvista and its running ipcop. i was thinking of expanding to include an old laptop but i dunno.
Time can never catch up with me, Zeno proved it.