Themes in 5308

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
Namronia

Themes in 5308

Post by Namronia »

i tried to activate aero (basic, its vmware ) in 5308, in OOBE it does work, but now i cant enable it. if i try to start it with "right click on desktop->personalize->colors" i get "rundll32 stopped working...

if i try to enable it in services.msc i can because "System Error 5: Access Denied"

the aero.msstyle is in C:\Windows\resources\themes\aero and if i try to start this theres the rundll error again

please help me

thanks

greetz

Luckie
Donator

Post by Luckie »

I 've installed the Build in April 2006 and Aero worked perfect. But it doesn't work inside the VM, because from Build 5308 you need a Dx9 card to run Aero Glass (no force tweak works)
"Theory is when you know something, but it doesn't work. Practice is when something works, but you don't know why. Programmers combine theory and practice: Nothing works and they don't know why."

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Luckie wrote:I 've installed the Build in April 2006 and Aero worked perfect. But it doesn't work inside the VM, because from Build 5308 you need a Dx9 card to run Aero Glass (no force tweak works)
If I understand him correctly, he's talking of Aero Basic, not Glass.

rws7
FTP Access

Post by rws7 »

empireum wrote:
Luckie wrote:I 've installed the Build in April 2006 and Aero worked perfect. But it doesn't work inside the VM, because from Build 5308 you need a Dx9 card to run Aero Glass (no force tweak works)
If I understand him correctly, he's talking of Aero Basic, not Glass.
yup

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

yeah, but i even cant start the displayproperties for changing theme... rundll32 error