We got bored this afternoon

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Andy
Administrator

We got bored this afternoon

Post by Andy »

A few mates and I got bored this afternoon so we took some cables off his car and see if it would still run...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qwx8EHxm4-c

Well, it wasted 10 mins of our afternoon (and our life!)

PS: Yes I know what the cables are Just don't want to spoil the vid.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Watch that thing go hot in a heartbeat.

I was driving home from WalMart, getting my oil changed. With my old car, even knowing it will get hot after traveling some 50 miles, it lost coolant like mad, or would go hot in 2 minutes with the AC on, i was running on 1 cylnder (out of , couldn't get above 30mph, and knowing me not knowing much about cars, got stranded on a back road for an hour while waiting to put some coolant in to make it home.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Zimmy wrote:Watch that thing go hot in a heartbeat.

I was driving home from WalMart, getting my oil changed. With my old car, even knowing it will get hot after traveling some 50 miles, it lost coolant like mad, or would go hot in 2 minutes with the AC on, i was running on 1 cylnder (out of , couldn't get above 30mph, and knowing me not knowing much about cars, got stranded on a back road for an hour while waiting to put some coolant in to make it home.
We were just messing around. No intention of driving it like that.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

Andy wrote:

I drove my old car for a year, had to put coolant in like, every day.

hougtimo
FTP Access

Post by hougtimo »

Zimmy wrote:
Andy wrote:

Sounds liek some serious engine probs there mate. Running mine on 3 cylinders for a week was enough.

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

hougtimo wrote:
Zimmy wrote:
Andy wrote:

Sounds liek some serious engine probs there mate. Running mine on 3 cylinders for a week was enough.
I fixed the cylender problem, I got it running back on eight. It was just a pinched wire that was blowing fuses.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

remembers me to the ludolfs (german):
sorry, forget the ba uploader

they took a jaguar and let all oil and cooling water out of the engine and drived 16km with that (REALLY!)
Last edited by Namronia on Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

Namronia wrote:remembers me to the ludolfs (german):

REMOVED, use BA image uploader.

they took a jaguar and let all oil and cooling water out of the engine and drived 16km with that (REALLY!)
The engine would maybe start without cooling water, but not without oil. As soon as the oil pressure drops to zero, the engine will die.

Namronia

Post by Namronia »

i try to find the video, then youll see

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

No, don't bother, seeing this being done to a poor Jaguar would be too much for me

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

empireum wrote:No, don't bother, seeing this being done to a poor Jaguar would be too much for me
Who would kill a jag?
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

stitch
Permanently Banned

Post by stitch »

BTW: No offence, but the under the hood looks are better on my car

Northstar Power baby!

Koptor
FTP Access

Post by Koptor »

Zimmy wrote:BTW: No offence, but the under the hood looks are better on my car
Northstar Power baby!
lol, it doesn't take much to [censored] all over the Ka's engine, since it's basically a fuel injected Ford Kent engine, and the original Ford Kent engine was designed for the Anglia back in the 60's...
lol, internet