black pixels on GeForce 6200

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
gamer765
FTP Access

black pixels on GeForce 6200

Post by gamer765 »

as the topic says, i have a GeForce 6200 OC model and it shows black pixels on the screen in random spots.the GPU is PCI based and i have nVidia ForceWare 81.98 installed as it is the only drivers that work with my Graphics card. I need help or any method of removing those black pixels. I have a brand new LCD screen so i know the screen is not the problem.

intellivision
FTP Access

Post by intellivision »

I think you might have some dead pixels on your LCD screen and sometimes this happens regardless if the screen is new or not. Do these black spots move anywhere?
Time can never catch up with me, Zeno proved it.

gamer765
FTP Access

Post by gamer765 »

yes it moves around so that is why i know its not the LCD screen.

RentedMule
Donator

Broken Card

Post by RentedMule »

It's broke. I've had several cards over my lifetime break like this... anywhere from random green/black pixels/lines to a card that would only work in VGA mode. Most of the time if you hold the card up to your nose, youll smell burnt electronics... generally the memory

gamer765
FTP Access

Post by gamer765 »

its not broken because this only happens on Windows XP and not my Windows Vista.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

gamer765 wrote:its not broken because this only happens on Windows XP and not my Windows Vista.
Maybe vista has better driver support. Try reinstalling your drivers using the one that came on the cd, if you haven't already.
-Jeff

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Also, have you checked that the clock speeds are the same in XP and Vista. I've had problems occasionally where I've had a driver issue where the driver detects the card wrongly and sets the clocks to what it thinks they should be. Although in my case, it was because I got my ATi x1650 pro almost straight away when it was launched, and there was no official ATi drivers available at the time.

gamer765
FTP Access

Post by gamer765 »

the drivers on the cd dont allow me to play videos of any kind so i had to install an older version.

wint3rmute

Post by wint3rmute »

I've had a similar problem with a 7600GS... However mine only really occured in games. I fixed mine through playing around with all the settings in the games, and when I changed the Anti-Alias to a different setting, I did not get the problem. What you should try is right-clicking the Nvidia Icon in the bottom right hand corner, and changing the Quality settings, as well as refresh rate of the screen.

Best of Luck

clt_42
FTP Access

Post by clt_42 »

why dont you just take older gddr ram, and solder it. It's simple if you have small hands

ryumak

Post by ryumak »

download lastest driver, i don't have a 6xxx series but i use 93.71

XDude
Donator

Post by XDude »

had problems like this before, either you update your driver, flash the bios of the video card or motherboard or do all of them