MP3 Streaming

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
hounsell

MP3 Streaming

Post by hounsell »

Does anyone know a way to stream MP3s using just PHP and MySQL and similar things? I would like to know, because a friend who's site I host wants to put MP3s on there, but im not keen on them being free to download. I also wouldn't mind if there was a script that allowed it to play on the webpage, but would not allow the MP3 to be downloaded using tools like Download Embedded or FlashGot.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Agatha - mp3 Your Way
Agatha is a web based mp3 playing system that allows the home user or office group to stream music, create, manage and share play lists and control the playing of music on a remote system. Agatha needs no database.
Personal Internet Broadcasting Script
The Personal Internet Broadcasting Script (PIBS) is a PHP/Apache frontend to create dynamic mp3 playlists and broadcast them with litestream. It can be used to manage playlists for a LAN in an office or to manage your Internet mp3 radio station.
the cool MP3 database of the future
The purpose of this project is to build a searchable database out of a directorystructure of ini files (for album info), id3v1 and v2 tags from MP3s using PHP, MySQL and Apache.

rawr
FTP Access

Re: MP3 Streaming

Post by rawr »

You probably already know this and just want to make it difficult to download, not impossible, but just to be on the safe side... You can't stop people from downloading the MP3s. They could always use something like Wireshark or just record from the soundcard's mixer while playing the MP3s.

hounsell

Re: MP3 Streaming

Post by hounsell »

rawr wrote:You probably already know this and just want to make it difficult to download, not impossible, but just to be on the safe side... You can't stop people from downloading the MP3s. They could always use something like Wireshark or just record from the soundcard's mixer while playing the MP3s.
Yeah, I know this. What i meant is to prevent people from downloading directly from the MP3, rather than just recording from the output, I know there's not really a way to prevent that (Apart from not letting it play, of course )

Ill have a look at those scripts later.

Matt A. Tobin
Donator

Post by Matt A. Tobin »

dunno if it would qualify under your restriction but you could use flash