300 Members

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Xammer
FTP Access

300 Members

Post by Xammer »

I see that BetaArchive has 299 registered members. So the next one will be the 300th. That should be an important event for us all.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Doubt it, we get around 20 signup's a week, only of which 2 or 3 are legit. The rest get deleted.

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

Wait...20 signups a week? How do you decide which 2 or 3 are legit and become actual members?
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

There is a rule that if an account is created and it doesn't post within 24 hours, it will be removed. That will account for a lot of the lost accounts.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

hounsell wrote:There is a rule that if an account is created and it doesn't post within 24 hours, it will be removed. That will account for a lot of the lost accounts.
Exactly. It does say in the signing up rules that if you don't post within 24 hours the account will be removed and that an account is not required to see areas of the forum except those that are protected. Signing up is pointless unless you intend to post to get your 10 resonably contributed posts and get access to the protected forums.

I also delete those that spam or have spam type links in their profile. I check when I see a suspicious name. Remember most spammers sign up but never post, they just want their site indexed in search engines. Never happens if I remove them.

Gnome
Staff

Post by Gnome »

We have 300

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

We have 297 now. Removed 3 users that were spam/no posts.

XX55XX
FTP Access

Post by XX55XX »

Well, the regulations seem rather tight here... But of course necessary, eh?

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

XX55XX wrote:Well, the regulations seem rather tight here... But of course necessary, eh?
Yup, or the users would clog up the server.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"