VirtualPC 2007 on Vista Home Basic

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Tootles
Donator

VirtualPC 2007 on Vista Home Basic

Post by Tootles »

It's installed for me, but it won't let me have any more or less than 4MB RAM in each virtual machine. I'd be right in thinking that that's because I'm not using one of the better version, wouldn't I? Is there a way I can fool Vista into thinking it's a different release? Along the lines of SETVER?
Have a day.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

xp compatitibly maybe?

ToastyCheesy
FTP Access

Post by ToastyCheesy »

Make sure you have enough RAM for your computer. I had this problem before when I had 512 MB RAM and it was fixed when I doubled it weeks after. Vista consumes almost all of 512 MB for its own resources, especially with Aero on

rws7
FTP Access

Post by rws7 »

oh really? I will try VPC after upgrading to Vista Home Premium in a few weeks. Right now, it is fine on XP... I have 2GB of RAM.

paddynator

Post by paddynator »

Jup, every Vista Version below Ultimate doesn't execute VirtualPC 2007 correctly, you have to use XP compatibility.

There won't be any problems, I already tested that under Vista Home Premium

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

paddynator wrote:Jup, every Vista Version below Ultimate doesn't execute VirtualPC 2007 correctly, you have to use XP compatibility.
It's working fine on Business for me, no compatibility or anything like that needed.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

I guess it's indeed due to the RAM, because 512MB is the absolute minimum for Vista. I believe it'll run fine on every version of Vista (including Starter), it'll maybe complain about being run on an "unsupported" OS.

ToastyCheesy
FTP Access

Post by ToastyCheesy »

tested and works in vista home premium (Thumbup)

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

OK, thanks, people. I've got 2004 on now. But I now have another question... In 2004, how can I change the size of a hard disk from being a max. of 2GB? I'd like to set up a bigger disk, say 8GB or so, but there seems to be no option to do so...

Thanks again.
Have a day.

ToastyCheesy
FTP Access

Post by ToastyCheesy »

If you set it to dynamically changing, it will adjust automatically. Im not too sure on how to adjust the size in vpc, as I usually run vmware

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I don't think you can adjust the size once the disk is made. When you make a new disk, it should offer you the option to choose any size for it, and whether you want it to dynamically expand from nothing up until that maximum size that you've set.

Tootles
Donator

Post by Tootles »

Got it. Thanks .
Have a day.