Dell now selling PCs with Ubuntu, FreeDOS

New news and release discussion.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Dell now selling PCs with Ubuntu, FreeDOS

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

There has been a buzz around the internet about Dell selling machines with Ubuntu Linux preloaded, and now it has happened.

http://www.dell.com/ubuntu now has the Dimension E520 desktop, Inspiron e1505 notebook, and XPS 410 desktop available preloaded with Ubuntu Linux. They are between US$50 and $100 cheaper than their equivalents with Vista.

They are also selling machines with FreeDOS - now that would be nice. A workstation with a Core 2 Duo processor, 2Gb of RAM, and a 20" LCD display for playing Wolfenstein 3D on.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

Well...it's about damn time! Just think...one day, Ubuntu will also be supported by Apple's Macintosh. And Windows will diminish...forever!!!!

hot:
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

troyoda1990 wrote:Well...it's about damn time! Just think...one day, Ubuntu will also be supported by Apple's Macintosh. And Windows will diminish...forever!!!!

hot:
Ubuntu (or Debian) works fine already on Intel Macs. Sure, there are a few "rough edges" but nothing too hard.

Jeff
Donator

Post by Jeff »

Hmm... I'm gonna have to buy one of these! I like the $100 off saved by Ubuntu.
-Jeff

spaceship9
FTP Access

Post by spaceship9 »

for these its 100
but image for PCs that previously came with Vista Ultimate!
MASSIVE save!

FINALLY Dell seems logical! Cheap, easy to customize computers that already come with a good OS!

If you're havin' IE problems, I feel bad for you, son - I got 99 problems but a browser ain't one. - DJ Danger Mime

include email