Removing "Groove Folder" context menu entry

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Removing "Groove Folder" context menu entry

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I'm trying to remove this irritating context menu entry that appears in the right click menu for my folders. I already deleted an entry with Groove in the name under shellex\ContextMenuHandlers in "*", "Directory" and "Folder" - that got rid of it from a few "special" folders eg the context menu for the start button and for the user folder on the desktop, but it's still there for all the other folders. Anyone know whereabouts in Hkey_Classes_Root there are likely to be some entries for this thing? Or are there entries in the places I looked but with really cryptic names? The OneNote one went away very easily, but this seems to have entries all over the place

TheWahbinator
FTP Access

Post by TheWahbinator »

You don't need Groove, uninstall it

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

I certainly don't need it, no - it came with MS Office which is why it is installed - I guess it must be possible to remove the program on its own without getting rid of the bits of Office that I need.

longview
FTP Access

Post by longview »