The New Longhorn Community

Discuss Windows Vista, 7, 8.x, 10 and Windows Server 2008, 2008R2, 2012, 2016, 2019, Home Server, SBS 2008, SBS 2011.
bobthecow
FTP Access

The New Longhorn Community

Post by bobthecow »

Hey all,

I would like to announce that Codename Longhorn (http://removed), was founded yesterday.
It is a community dedicated to the discussion, archiving, and betterment of Windows Codename Longhorn.
Head on over to see whats going on.
The FTP will be up and running soon.

The site was created by lhel1te.

-bobthecow

nix
FTP Access

Post by nix »

Thanks a lot,I really like Longhorn.

___
Donator

Post by ___ »

is another site really needed, surely there are enough already. Plus i think your sig might be a bit big, not sure what the rules are on it.

sorry for the negative post

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Image was too large in your sig so I removed it.

I agree, why another site? There are already enough out there without more being made. Ive had this discussion with someone on msn and in the end they agreed.

fzajac
Donator

Post by fzajac »

But its cool because LH dedicated

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

FiFi wrote:But its cool because LH dedicated
Does it matter if its Longhorn dedicated? You could find just as much info on this site and others sites as you can on a dedicated site. Plus, it will take them months if not years to gather up all the information available for Longhorn.

LiveOS

Post by LiveOS »

seriously the website is darn cool but has very slow connection...

Sorry for the comment.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I just have to add this, its a Longhorn Dedicated site yet it has Vista and XP on it as well... bit stupid really.

hounsell

Post by hounsell »

Also, i have a problem with their server. What is the point of a server which only 'VIP' and 'Exclusive' Members Can Access, Especially considering there are none. Also, as far as I can see, there's nothing on there that isnt on Beta Archive.

Also, This is basically someone trying to promote a site, something which shouldnt happen. I think this topic should be locked to prevent people from bumping this topic.

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Agreed. Also Ive removed the URL. I don't see why I should promote a site for free, especially since its a rival to this site. Locked.