WinRAR 3.70 beta 6 - Compatible with Windows Vista!

New news and release discussion.
Oleg-A

WinRAR 3.70 beta 6 - Compatible with Windows Vista!

Post by Oleg-A »

If you are a Windows Vista user, maybe you tried to install WinRAR 3.6x. The 3.6x builds are not compatible with Vista.
But they released 3.70 beta 6, which compatible with the newest operating system!
Download it now:
WinRAR 3.70 beta 6 (1,17 MB)
http://rarlab.com/rar/wrar37b6.exe
RAR 3.70 beta 1 (for DOS) (0,64 MB)
http://rarlab.com/rar/rarx37b1.exe
Other beta 6 - localized versions
Can be found there: http://rarlab.com/download.htm
Last edited by Oleg-A on Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rws7
FTP Access

Post by rws7 »

thx for informing me about this. I should be getting Vista Upgrade kit within a month.

Evan
FTP Access

Post by Evan »

I can't believe windows created something thats not fully backwards compatible with older software. Do they want to loose money?
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

Oleg-A

Post by Oleg-A »

Most of all the older software compatible with Vista, but there are some exclusions, for ex. WinRAR and Nero (<7.7.x.x versions)

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

Evan wrote:I can't believe windows created something thats not fully backwards compatible with older software. Do they want to loose money?
Are you kidding? Where were you during the XP transition? Almost everybody had stuff incompatible with it.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

ppc_digger wrote:
Evan wrote:I can't believe windows created something thats not fully backwards compatible with older software. Do they want to loose money?
Are you kidding? Where were you during the XP transition? Almost everybody had stuff incompatible with it.
Maybe he meant it as a joke I remember these times (unfortunately), I had tons of incompatibilities...

Evan
FTP Access

Post by Evan »

And i hated XP just as much during that time. Seriously how hard is it to create to separate runtimes rather then moulding a new one.
Evan supports minimal Sigs! :P.

.UU

Post by .UU »

I'm using WinRAR 3.50 with Vista fine.

tristan
Donator

Post by tristan »

all winrar versions worked fine for me on vista (even of beta builds of vista)

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

They still make updates for MS-DOS?!
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.