Old Windows 95 Commercial

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Beta_Train
Donator

Old Windows 95 Commercial

Post by Beta_Train »

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

Nice Not seen that one before.

Beta_Train
Donator

Post by Beta_Train »

Glad you liked it. Heres a interesting video also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLlc6Ch5 ... ed&search=
-Beta_Train

Grisa
FTP Access

Post by Grisa »

Oooh, sweet memories. I remember seeing this (the ad) back in '96. We gaped it on my 486 machine's analog svga. The fact that we're playing a video on a computer (486dx50, 8mb ram, 210mb hdd, Trident 8900) was a really big thrill those days.

swellhead
FTP Access

Post by swellhead »

Id rather watch this one lol,

http://img253.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ws6ut2.swf

Its a Flash move (SWF)

Pretty Funny

edit found it on the twisted tunes page - http://www.bobrivers.com/asx/49-815_4.asx if you want it in CD Quality

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

Beta_Train wrote:Glad you liked it. Heres a interesting video also: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLlc6Ch5 ... ed&search=
-Beta_Train
I liked the music. It doesn't fit Windows, though. More of an IBM mainframe style, IMO.

chiaki

Post by chiaki »

I like the Music

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

Yeah, does anyone actually know what that music is called and who rote it?
The better candies are in the cage

Bender
Donator

Post by Bender »

Start Me Up by The Rolling Stones
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC; en-US; mimic; rv:9.3.2) Clecko/20120101 Classilla/CFM
"Stupid can opener! You killed my father, and now you've come back for me!"

Frozenport
FTP Access
Location: The Ephemeral between existance and non-existance: AKA "being"

Post by Frozenport »

Where did this commercial air?
I don't remmber a MS commercial until 2000 but I never had satelite until 2000
Part Time Troll - HPC Enthusiast - Spelling Master - Old Fart

milatchi
Donator

Post by milatchi »

I remember that commercial. I also remember everyone was talking about Windows 95 in school. We had 75MHz Gateway towers running Windows 3.11 for Workgroups at school when Windows 95 came out.
IRIX enthusiast | OSBA refugee

hypr
Donator

Post by hypr »

I love those old comercials always showing what things were like back then.

I found them quite humorous vs to todays stuff.

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

The thing that's interesting about this commercial is the fact that the first piece of software for Windows 95 it shows (with the kids at the computer at the start) is 3D Movie Maker, which only a few years later, Microsoft practically forgot about. Now it seems that 3DMM is erased from Microsoft, except for some Knowledge Base articles.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

pr0gram the pr0grammer wrote:The thing that's interesting about this commercial is the fact that the first piece of software for Windows 95 it shows (with the kids at the computer at the start) is 3D Movie Maker, which only a few years later, Microsoft practically forgot about. Now it seems that 3DMM is erased from Microsoft, except for some Knowledge Base articles.
Well, I'd imagine Microsoft has access to their own betas...

kichimi
Donator

Post by kichimi »

ppc_digger wrote: Well, I'd imagine Microsoft has access to their own betas...
Unless they destroyed them..
The better candies are in the cage

psiren
FTP Access

Post by psiren »

About the original video posted: I remember seeing the video and really, really hating it. Why? I had a 386 with naff-all memory that 95 wouldn't run on!!!

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

psiren wrote:I had a 386 with naff-all memory that 95 wouldn't run on!!!
This 95 thing; so bloated isn't it? I mean, it's using nearly all of my 4 MB of memory on startup, and that's before I've even opened any programs. And as for all this serial number nonsense that it comes infested with, will M$ ever learn that this kind of stuff just makes life difficult for everyone? 95 seriously sucks, no way I'm upgrading to it, I'm going to use 3.1 forever, like everyone else I know - I mean, it does everything I need to do and it doesn't need one of those supercomputer Pentium things and a crazy 16 MB of Ram if you want anything like decent performance. Just eye candy, that's all it is, "start buttons" and whatnot. Linux'll be ready for the mainstream in a few years time anyway, then we won't have to put up with M$ trying to make us upgrade our computers again for yet more eye candy and useless "features".

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

milatchi wrote:I remember that commercial. I also remember everyone was talking about Windows 95 in school. We had 75MHz Gateway towers running Windows 3.11 for Workgroups at school when Windows 95 came out.
I remember a week after Vista coming out and overhearing this one chick's conversation in school being something like this:

Code: Select all

"Yeah, I'm so mad!  I couldn't finish my paper on my computer because my dad got this Vista thing on there now."

"What's Vista?"

"Oh, it's like Windows XP, but it's basically prettier.  That's about it.  Either way, I'm really thinking about just throwing the computer out since clearly "Clarity" shouldn't be advertised with Vista;  It's clearly a loser."
And so I ended up not finishing my homework because I was laughing afterwards. lol.
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

psiren
FTP Access

Post by psiren »

Vista Ultimate R2 wrote: This 95 thing; so bloated isn't it? I mean, it's using nearly all of my 4 MB of memory on startup, and that's before I've even opened any programs.....
So it wasn't just me then? Tsk. Bl**dy Microsoft. Vagabonds! The lot of em! Funnily enough, I DID stay with 3.11 until the death. I played with a 95 machine at work and thought "Nah, this'll never catch on"

pr0gram the pr0grammer
Donator

Post by pr0gram the pr0grammer »

Here's an excellent Windows 95 promo video that surfaced on Digg today. It features Matthew Perry and Jennifer Aniston from Friends!

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GWQgb015Lc
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPcqz3pXQ-w
Part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrq0HQrYN6A
Part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0_oj-VBW3c

Warning, in total it's about 40 minutes long.
pr0gram the pr0grammer
BetaArchive retiree | OSBA Expat