Intel Driver , almost impossible to find, help please.

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
clt_42
FTP Access

Intel Driver , almost impossible to find, help please.

Post by clt_42 »

Ok i have a intel motherboard that has the intel 82801DB Lan Controller, Ive checked MSN, Google, YAhoo, and networkdrivers.com and driverguide.com but i cant find the driver. It comes up with intel pro 100 network. Any Ideas?

Rhade™
FTP Access

Post by Rhade™ »

Try out Everest and check whats your Motherboard, now you can search the motherboard vendor // type - and you find out some drivers

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

According to the Linux PCI ID repository, it's either a PRO/100 VE or a PRO/100 VM (PCI IDs 0x1039-0x103e, vendor id 0x8086 - Intel). Any generic PRO/100 driver should work. I have an 82801BA on the other computer, also a PRO/100 VE, and the generic PRO/100 driver works like a charm, on both Linux and Windows.

clt_42
FTP Access

Post by clt_42 »

ill try it, thanks for the info

clt_42
FTP Access

Post by clt_42 »

oh wait, my model of my Mboard is

Intel D845EPT2 with 82801DB Lan controller.

empireum
Donator

Post by empireum »

So what about trying your luck here then?:
Intel Driver page for this board

wint3rmute

Post by wint3rmute »

Yeah from memory all the Intel network controllers have a generic driver... or a few generic drivers. If your still having no luck with all your stuff send an email Intel's way. They'd be able to help you.

s_nd

Post by s_nd »

at device manager, upgrade the specific hardware. (search for new hardware if it doesnt show on the list) use the manual method and ask to choose from a list of drivers. work your way around and try some generic drivers there.