Just when I thought my PowerBook G3 was cool...

Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
Forum rules
Any off topic discussions should go in this forum. Post count is not increased by posting here.
FTP Access status is required to post in this forum. Find out how to get it
ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Just when I thought my PowerBook G3 was cool...

Post by ddrmaxromance »

...people start selling them on eBay as jokes.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-chance-to-destroy-a-powerboo...wItem

Admin edit: Shortened URL to stop the mess up of the page.
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

idontknow
FTP Access

Post by idontknow »

I never like it when people destroy working things . I don't know how old that thing is, but it still works... I guess I feel this way because everything I have at home is old...

benny1091
FTP Access

Post by benny1091 »

i hate when ppl destroy things i dont already have- i wanted one of those and an ibook g3 clamshell since they came out

casablanca
FTP Access

Post by casablanca »

What a total waste of something that works :/

Andy
Administrator

Post by Andy »

I was going to destroy an old P1 166mhz laptop but I thought, nah, it works still so why waste it. Now I run it on renewable energy (solar power) since it uses so little electricity, unlike my main laptop. Its great for writing documents on

(more about my renewable energy stuff at my website www.repowered.co.uk )

Vista Ultimate R2
FTP Access

Post by Vista Ultimate R2 »

He's obviously a complete idiot, seeing as he thinks he'll get more money like that than just selling it (Pismos still sell for a lot, considering that they're quite old), as well as the way he writes the listing eg "If you would like to be a major part of ebay history this is the chance. I will give advertising chances to businesses to advertise before the film" as if it's going to be some major event that loads of people will be interested in. And that he really thinks people are going to just give him money to buy a new laptop and do something stupid in the process!

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

Well, the bid ends in less than an hour and people haven't even bid on one of his twelve items. Either way, I won a bid for PowerBook 190cs on eBay Friday night for the low price (with shipping) of $19 USA. And the battery works! Vintage, you say? It will be used for nostalgic and word-processor needs only. I wish to finish my story on it, and thus need a real laptop with a real working battery without having to pay a load for one.

I'm just excited because this was the first bid I've ever won. Everything else was a "Buy Now" option.
Since January 2005, I've been in the Operating Systems Prototype Community. I've enjoyed learning more these past four years about the development of the Windows and Macintosh operating systems, as well as learning of new user-based projects that optimize system performance.

merty
FTP Access

Post by merty »

I have a PowerBook 190cs it still works okay other than the broken hinges and it runs OS 7.6.

ddrmaxromance
FTP Access

Post by ddrmaxromance »

merty wrote:I have a PowerBook 190cs it still works okay other than the broken hinges and it runs OS 7.6.
Ive read actually that OS 7.6 was best classic operating system to date. Well, thats what System 7 Today says...

ppc_digger
Donator

Post by ppc_digger »

troyoda1990 wrote: Ive read actually that OS 7.6 was best classic operating system to date. Well, thats what System 7 Today says...
Well, when System 7.7 (or should I say 8) is no longer 7...