BetaArchive Logo
Navigation Home Database Screenshots Gallery Image Uploader Server Info FTP Servers Wiki Forum RSS Feed Rules Please Donate
UP: 0d, 6h, 30m | CPU: 4% | MEM: 4787MB of 10677MB used
{The community for beta collectors}

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like my Operating System?
Yes 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Average 9%  9%  [ 2 ]
No 78%  78%  [ 18 ]
Total votes : 23
Author Message
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:34 am 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Posts
1440
So is Corpse going to base this OS on unix or start from scratch?

_________________
~


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:01 am 
FTP Access
Offline

Joined
Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:34 am

Posts
913
Basing it off Unix would be a better solution. It's already a very stable base to build off.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:18 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
1009

Location
Sweden

Favourite OS
OSX
Hey Corpse,

Its good to see you are trying, i guess we all did that at some point.

If you wanna do OS/GUI mockups, have a look at "Adobe Imagestyler" and "Microsoft Visio", those will be a great help to you :)

As for the interface, well.. its not prety, but you should have seen my first mockup, it was for a text based menu system for dos .. about 15 years ago.. talk about being bud-ass ugly.

Anyway.. your mockup got me thinking about nextstep..

http://www.kernelthread.com/publication ... xtstep.jpg

Hope this helped you on the way.

_________________
Regards,
Leon Bollerup - BA VIP Member

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup


Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:28 am 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
I clearly stated please don't any negative, flame or insult Posts. If I DO MAKE IT, then base it on UNIX(-like). It won't be based on Microsoft Windows. Why did I call it Triangle? Because I couldn't find another Name.

Differences between Triangle & Windows:

-Has no Taskbar
-Shutdown & Log off Options are in Top Right Corner
-There's an Opened Programs Tab
-There's a Recently Opened Programs Tab
-When you open a Program it shifts from the Desktop to the Opened Programs Tab (in other Words: It doesn't stay on the Desktop, it moves from the Desktop to the Opened Programs Tab)
-It's called Triangle; not Windows
-It has Mozilla Firefox; not Internet Explorer

And I think you know the rest of the differences.

Here's another Image:

Image

Remember, I'm crap at using Paint. If I do release it, then everything will be smaller.

Thank you to the other guys for your support. Leonbollerup, that Link is broken, but thanks anyway.


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:20 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
1009

Location
Sweden

Favourite OS
OSX
Corpe,

You know, you need to learn to handle critisim as well, if you outright say that you dont you want to hear negative things critisim is what make us all want to better outself.

Anyway, good luck with your project.

_________________
Regards,
Leon Bollerup - BA VIP Member

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup


Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:43 am 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:29 am

Posts
2292

Favourite OS
Maemo 5 PR1.3
I think he's only giving a mockup of what it's gonna look like.
The only problem I see, is how you'll arrange the programs.
Other then that, I like the BeOS-style Opened Programs menu.

_________________
Program run condition: collect keys. Deadline: 2 days.


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:31 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:53 pm

Posts
1197

Location
Ontario

Favourite OS
anything unix-like
One thing I think should go is the end session (shutdown, logoff, etc.) because everybody would only use them once a session. Maybe you could put them on the programs menu, like windows has done since 95.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:35 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
Why would I want to copy other Operating Systems? This is just a UNIX-Like Operating System. You can't say I copied BeOS, because I didn't have a clue what it was until now when I searched it up on Wikipedia. The Image on Wikipedia looks just like Windows 95 with the Taskbar on Top. My Operating System doesn't have a Taskbar/Superbar. Just an Applications Manager, Opened Programs Manager, Recently Opened Programs Manager, Applications on Desktop, Shutdown & Log Off Options, ICQ, Limewire, WinMX, Mozilla Firefox. I might call my first Operating System Version Triangle Phoenix, if I do release it. Hopefully, yes.


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:45 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
1009

Location
Sweden

Favourite OS
OSX
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...

_________________
Regards,
Leon Bollerup - BA VIP Member

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup


Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:06 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:41 pm

Posts
1350

Favourite OS
Windows 7\Slackware
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.

_________________
Previously known as effy11


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:40 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
leonbollerup wrote:
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks!


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:43 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am

Posts
724

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0/Vista
You can use GIMP.
Not bad for a freeware.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:45 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Posts
1440
Corpse wrote:
leonbollerup wrote:
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks!


Corpse I've seen you much angrier and I agree, you're in a seemingly good mood today.

_________________
~


Top  Profile
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:50 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
user99672 wrote:
Corpse wrote:
leonbollerup wrote:
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks!


Corpse I've seen you much angrier and I agree, you're in a seemingly good mood today.


Today? It's 4:20 AM here in Adelaide, South Australia.


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:52 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:46 am

Posts
724

Favourite OS
Windows NT 4.0/Vista
Corpse wrote:

Today? It's 4:20 AM here in Adelaide, South Australia.

Good night, also , when you sleep ?

Just to know......


Last edited by rootbeerblue45 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:55 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
1009

Location
Sweden

Favourite OS
OSX
*deleted former post*

This is getting nowhere.

_________________
Regards,
Leon Bollerup - BA VIP Member

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup


Last edited by leonbollerup on Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:55 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Corpse wrote:
user99672 wrote:
Corpse wrote:
leonbollerup wrote:
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks!


Corpse I've seen you much angrier and I agree, you're in a seemingly good mood today.


Today? It's 4:20 AM here in Adelaide, South Australia.

Why in the world are you picking on him for his choice of "today"? That's called immature, I don't know what else to call it. People have been surprisingly nice to you in this thread and you just can't handle criticism.


Last edited by Derf on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:07 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
leonbollerup wrote:
Corpse,

When i ask you to grow up - attitude wise, i mean the following things.

1. People here can post whatever they wish to write, its a free world, and you dont own BA, so there is no way - NO WAY - at all you can deside what people post and respond to your posts.

2. When people do post something that dosent fall completely in your taste, you agresivly and verbaly attack.

3. Taking critisim and learning from it, is deffently not your strong side.

And no matter what your age is, then compared to me (since i'm most likely the age-president inhere ;) ), your still a kid - and that i sorely judge by the way you talk to people.


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks![/quote]

Corpse I've seen you much angrier and I agree, you're in a seemingly good mood today.[/quote]

Today? It's 4:20 AM here in Adelaide, South Australia.[/quote]
Why in the world are you picking on him for his choice of "today"? That's called immature, I don't know what else to call it. People have been surprisingly nice to you in this threatm you just can't handle criticism.[/quote]

Anyway, just take it easy :)[/quote]

1. I never said I owned Beta Archive, did I? Watchout before you Post.
2. I don't agressively attack Peoples other Posts verbally. Did you know that "Bitch" & "Bitching" are Slang Words? So you're the one verbally attacking me.
3. Learning from criticism? What?!

Anyway, don't call me out :).

What the hell are you talking about?! I just basically stated that it was 4:20 PM here in Adelaide, South Australia, because he never knew. Grow up!

Kids are Young People aged from their Birth up until 18, I'm 20.

Derf wrote:
Corpse wrote:
user99672 wrote:
Corpse wrote:
leonbollerup wrote:
dude.. whats with the attitude, you literally pick up on everything anyone says to you and bitch about it.. calm down kid, and try to use the comments you get to something posetive and constructive...


Excuse me? Grow up, I'm not the one being immature. This is my normal Attitude. I'm not bitching about anything, oh & I'm a bit old to be a Kid don't you think?! I was simply answering everyone's Comments. If I were bitching, being immature & childish then I'd be posting something like this: "WOULD YOU STOP IT! STOP IT! NOW! IDIOT!". Have a happy Insult!

effy11 wrote:
Using your mockups I could make you a more sophisticated mockup via photoshop.


Really, that'd be nice. Thanks!


Corpse I've seen you much angrier and I agree, you're in a seemingly good mood today.


Today? It's 4:20 AM here in Adelaide, South Australia.

Why in the world are you picking on him for his choice of "today"? That's called immature, I don't know what else to call it. People have been surprisingly nice to you in this thread and you just can't handle criticism.


What the hell are you on about?! How am I being immature for basically saying that it's 4:20 AM here, because he never knew that?


Last edited by Corpse on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:11 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Posts
1009

Location
Sweden

Favourite OS
OSX
whatever.. you clearly do not understand what i mean, so i take its a waste of time to explain it...

_________________
Regards,
Leon Bollerup - BA VIP Member

Run OSX on a pc - Ahsay backup monitoring - Online Backup


Top  Profile  WWW  ICQ
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:12 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Corpse wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?! I just basically stated that it was 4:20 PM here in Adelaide, South Australia, because he never knew. Grow up!

Then you should be harassing yourself for going off topic. The point of this topic wasn't "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?", it's about your mockup. Not time zone.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:15 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
Derf wrote:
Corpse wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?! I just basically stated that it was 4:20 PM here in Adelaide, South Australia, because he never knew. Grow up!

Then you should be harassing yourself for going off topic. The point of this topic wasn't "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?", it's about your mockup. Not time zone.


Wow. I'm not the one who turned this Topic into "Let's p**s off Corpse!!!"! I replied to that other guy, saying what time it is. I'm not the one who started. Oh & please don't edit my Posts or make Posts I never made. So grow up. I know you're just trying to p**s me off & believe me, you won't like it.

Yeah, I do understand it. Clearly you don't understand my replies due to not reading all of it.


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:27 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Corpse wrote:
Derf wrote:
Corpse wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?! I just basically stated that it was 4:20 PM here in Adelaide, South Australia, because he never knew. Grow up!

Then you should be harassing yourself for going off topic. The point of this topic wasn't "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?", it's about your mockup. Not time zone.


Wow. I'm not the one who turned this Topic into "Let's p**s off Corpse!!!"! I replied to that other guy, saying what time it is. I'm not the one who started. Oh & please don't edit my Posts or make Posts I never made. So grow up. I know you're just trying to p**s me off & believe me, you won't like it.

Yeah, I do understand it. Clearly you don't understand my replies due to not reading all of it.

I have NEVER, not ONCE edited ANY of your posts. EVER. How DARE you accuse me of such rubbish. you are insulting my character and accusing me of things I have never done, and I will not stand for it.
Any post I have made to you regarding this topic has been general criticism until you've taken it ALL too far and our of proportion. You can't handle criticism, you get angry, and you make stupid posts that are just flaming others. You turn almost every single one of your topics - hell - every topic you participate in into a flame war. If every single one of your topics get locked, don't you think you should look at your own posts, and think what you may be doing to instigate a situation, instead of instantly accusing others?


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:30 pm 
FTP Access
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:37 am

Posts
342

Location
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Favourite OS
Microsoft Windows Whistler 2202
Derf wrote:
Corpse wrote:
Derf wrote:
Corpse wrote:
What the hell are you talking about?! I just basically stated that it was 4:20 PM here in Adelaide, South Australia, because he never knew. Grow up!

Then you should be harassing yourself for going off topic. The point of this topic wasn't "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?", it's about your mockup. Not time zone.


Wow. I'm not the one who turned this Topic into "Let's p**s off Corpse!!!"! I replied to that other guy, saying what time it is. I'm not the one who started. Oh & please don't edit my Posts or make Posts I never made. So grow up. I know you're just trying to p**s me off & believe me, you won't like it.

Yeah, I do understand it. Clearly you don't understand my replies due to not reading all of it.

I have NEVER, not ONCE edited ANY of your posts. EVER. How DARE you accuse me of such rubbish. you are insulting my character and accusing me of things I have never done, and I will not stand for it.
Any post I have made to you regarding this topic has been general criticism until you've taken it ALL too far and our of proportion. You can't handle criticism, you get angry, and you make stupid posts that are just flaming others. You turn almost every single one of your topics - hell - every topic you participate in into a flame war. If every single one of your topics get locked, don't you think you should look at your own posts, and think what you may be doing to instigate a situation, instead of instantly accusing others?


Wow, then why did you accuse me of posting this then: "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?"? And I'm not flaming anyone. I'm replying. Everyone's ganging up on me here.

*Sigh*, no one on this Site when enough is enough.

And, I'm going to bed, 5:06 AM here, cya!


Top  Profile  YIM
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:38 pm 
Donator
User avatar
Offline

Joined
Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:09 pm

Posts
3935

Favourite OS
OS X 10.8
Corpse wrote:
Wow, then why did you accuse me of posting this then: "ZOMG wut Time Zone Do I Livez In!?"? And I'm not flaming anyone. I'm replying. Everyone's ganging up on me here.

*Sigh*, no one on this Site when enough is enough.

And, I'm going to bed, 5:06 AM here, cya!

Someone with half a brain would be able to realize and understand that I never said you said that, and that I was being a little sarcastic with my post.
Also, you haven't responded to my pointing out that maybe you're the problem, and it'd be interesting to see why it is you think that every other person is the problem but yourself, in every and any instance. I've never, not once, seen you apologize for what you've said or when you've been mistaken.


Top  Profile  WWW
 PostPost subject: Re: My Operating System Triangle (I hope to make)        Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:39 pm 
Donator
Offline

Joined
Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:55 pm

Posts
1440
:oops: didn't know it was that early in the morn'. It's 1:39 PM over here in America.

Also, lets end the flame war NOW! Andy said he would ban ANY member who participates. Let's continue on the discussion of Triangle OS Development, I like being allowed to come back here! :x and furthermore, I have made a post in this topic which means I have participated (if this topic becomes a full blown flame war.)

Corpse, I like the Idea, now all you really need is to design the GUI using X11 (The X-Windows System.)

leonbollerup,Derf If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. That applies to anyone else.

_________________
~


Top  Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next




Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

All views expressed in these forums are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of the BetaArchive site owner.

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group

Copyright © 2006-2019

 

Sitemap | XML | RSS